D&D 5E [D&D 5E] Ruins of Adventure (OOC)

[MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION]

I'll have to think on it...brains kinda mush today due to pain meds. Do you have a few ideas? Maybe I can help you flesh them out...

Skarsgard

Explorer
It's very strong, IMO. One of the best combos I've seen in 5th Ed is two fighters with good ACs and the Protection style fighting side by side.

Disadvantage is just brutal when against good AC. When foes need luck to hit you, giving them disad REALLY hurts. And when they can both do it to one another...dang. But even without that, it's quite good.

Ok, thanks for that. That cements that decision for me. :)

Thanks again

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
[MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION]

I'll have to think on it...brains kinda mush today due to pain meds. Do you have a few ideas? Maybe I can help you flesh them out...

Hmm, not really sure. Perhaps something about the nature of dragonkind or dragonborn? The nature of magic? I don't think it needs to be something world changing. Perhaps he finally learned the fate of his tribe, e.g. they were destroyed by evil red dragons or something?

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
I've been doing some reading, and as far as I can tell the dragonborn as a race were technically not present on Toril in 1340 DR. (Fourth edition lore says they were on the sister-world of Abeir.) Perhaps my character is the only known dragonborn around, and the secret he discovered is that there might be a whole race/kingdom/empire of dragonborn in ancient times/another world/hidden away somewhere. Can that be the secret, perhaps?

I remember the book Azure Bonds had a character named Dragonbait. He was called a Sauriel, but it's pretty clear that he may have been a Dragonborn. He, too, was a paladin.

It would make a good secret, I suppose...but why would your character leave his homeland, possibly revealing himself? How would your character hide his unusual appearance?

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
By canon (and thus not in any way binding to the individual DM) - the Saurials were four breeds of dinosaur descended humanoids, of which Dragonbait was a member. They were brought to Toril from a different world by the minor god, Moander.

Remove ads