[D&D 5E] Securing the Alliance: An Adventure in Tethyr (IC)

hafrogman

Adventurer
Lorenzo shrugs as the elf declares his intention to leave. The ogres, the scroll, the staff, these were important. Whatever this man may or may not be up to was of little concern. Assuming of course ...

He turns to look back at Brue and asks, surreptitiously as possible. "How big is this stick we're looking for?"

Brue replied quietly, "Longer and more slender than a quarterstaff." She raised an eyebrow, uncertain of the direction of Lorenzo's thoughts.

Louder, and to the rest of the group, Brue said, "I think we could show Aelrith to Jote and Andal; he could wait there. It's not as far as the cart. If the ogres are dead--and, really, how could more ogres possibly fit in that small cave--then the items we recovered from the cave can stay there until we return from visiting the manor. I doubt anyone will molest them."

Olrox17

Hero
Hoping the elf wouldn't notice, Corilo approached Lorenzo and Brue, joining their covert conversation."I think we should get a fix on who he is. What if he was one of the people at that...tavern meeting we know about?".

"Go for it. I looked him over, he looked clean enough to me. Couldn't get much a read." Brue stood to the side, permitting Corilo a good hard look at Aelrith.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Lorenzo looses interest at Brue's answer, and shrugs at Corilo's suggestion

"Eh, he clearly doesn't have the staff on him, and that's got to be priority number one."

Forged Fury

First Post
The party headed back east a short ways; Aelrith's spirits rose with each step they took. Reaching the outcropping concealing the two animals, the party was pleased to see both Donkey Joté and Andal still there. Directing Aelrith to wait there with the animals, the elf was more than agreeable, taking a seat in the sand and leaning back against the cliff wall to rest. Lorenzo walked over to the donkey and whispered in its tall left ear. As they conspired, Donkey Joté kept glancing at the resting elf before shaking its head in what could only be an approximation of a nod.

"Alright, then, the Lady's Luck be with us. Let's go." Lorenzo said.

The party returned to the cave and slowly made their way further west toward the entrance to the manor. They passed a corner of worked masonry that extended from the natural cliff, clearly indicating the presence of a man-made structure. A great deal of architectural know-how, or possibly magic, must have been used to build the edifice. Working their way past another outcropping, the party discovered what must be the southwest corner of the room that extended out from the cliff. That corner extended further into what may be a different room, possibly a foyer.

Entering the Manor.jpg
OOC: The red line indicates party travel. The X indicates the cave where the ogres were, for reference.

Reaching the westernmost edge of the building, Corilo peaked around and reported his findings in a hurried whisper. "Looks like we're taking cover against one of the entrances to this manor. Seems to be another entrance to the north, but there are a bunch of boulders piled up in front of it blocking it."

Manor Entrance.jpg
OOC: X marks the current party location. The brown circles represent an impressive pile of boulders blocking the southern door.

Action is to the party.

Last edited:

Hearing Corilo report there were two doors, Brue nodded. Her skin put off most folk, and she reasoned she could better serve the group by keeping her gob shut and staying on the lookout while others did the talking. With this in mind, Brue sheathed her maul in a heavy leather loop on her belt. She walked around the corner of the manor, spotted the door, then crossed to the door's opposite side (the south?). She stood at the corner of the building and kept an eye on the piled up boulders blocking another door. That doesn't bode well, Brue mused to herself. Are they keeping us out, or something in? She shivered in the cool night air.

[roll0]

Olrox17

Hero
"Those rocks looks freaking heavy. I know, ogres are big, but damn." Corilo contemplated the idea that something stronger that an ogre could have done it, but he quickly dismissed it. No way. Must have been the work of several ogres working together. "As long as there's only one way in, I guess our next step obvious."

Forged Fury

First Post
Round 1

The party gathered themselves around the open door. Lorenzo frowned and then raised his hand to knock. Before he could render the courteous greeting, Brue hissed and grabbed his hand. "I heard something... behind us!"

As the company of Shadow Stars turned around, a group of three ogres carrying boulders turned the corner of the cliff from the west. Gaping, they dropped the boulders and pulled large clubs off their backs. One of the ogres, possibly a little smarter than the others, appeared to know common... maybe. In a slow, deep mumble, it said, "They's not s'posed to be here!"

GM: Initiative
Corilo: 14
Lorenzo: 13
Gnorth: 12
Boddynock: 11
Brue: 9
Ogres: 9

Corilo: Action Surge, hit Ogre1 three times. Did not have to use Precision Attack dice. 22 piercing damage.
Lorenzo: Hit Ogre1, 6 piercing damage
Gnorth: Cast vicious mockery on Ogre1, save failed, 3 psychic damage and disadvantage on next attack
Boddynock: Cast mage armor
Brue: Stuck Ogre1 for 15 bludgeoning damage

Ogre1: Attacked and missed Brue
Ogre2: Attacked and missed Lorenzo
Ogre3: Attacked and missed Brue due to Bardic Inspiration

Last edited:

Remove ads