D&D Adventurer's League Elemental Evil Player's Guide

What is the "Elemental Evil Player’s Companion"? Is that the cancelled book or some TBD splat book?

77IM

Explorer!!!
Supporter
Quick question: Reading the character-creation rules, it seems to me that you now MUST take the starting equipment package, and are no longer allowed to take maximum gold and then buy your gear piecemeal. Is that correct?

kbrakke

First Post
I may be joining in this campaign at a local hobby store in about 6 weeks. I have downloaded both player's supplements for Elemental Evil. Besides that and the PHB, what else do I need to know to be prepared?

All this newfangled Adventure League thing is a bit overwhelming. Speaking of overwhelming, so what have I missed since I last looked at the Forgotten Realms in the eighties?
If you have those three things you're good to go. The forgotten realms has changed quite a bit since the 80's I think. I would suggest actually picking up some of the new books if that interests you. The Sundering Series has been well received by one of my friends who has read a ton of D&D books. I personally love the Brimstone Angels series.

Quick question: Reading the character-creation rules, it seems to me that you now MUST take the starting equipment package, and are no longer allowed to take maximum gold and then buy your gear piecemeal. Is that correct?
That is correct. From my point of view of helping several people make AL characters I usually suggest the the starting package. I actually think that the only time I did max money was for my DM character because as an arcane trickster she needed a Component Pouch. With the DMs getting gold now it's not needed.

not-so-newguy

I'm the Straw Man in your argument
Looking at the cantrips CREATE BONFIRE and CONTROL FLAMES. I can imagine some potentially glorious mayhem, especially when combined with a WEB spell.

aramis erak

Legend
Looking at the cantrips CREATE BONFIRE and CONTROL FLAMES. I can imagine some potentially glorious mayhem, especially when combined with a WEB spell.

One of my complained about "Missing Spells" is in the EEPC... Transmute Rock.

Now, if only they'd do an official version of Continual Light with "near full daylight", my worldbuilding needs would be well rounded out. (for various reasons involving both my own and my players' psychopathology, I restrict play to material in official sources only. Yes, we're all nucking futs...)

Remove ads

Remove ads