• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D and the rising pandemic

Ryujin

Legend
Who knows? The whole "caring about people other than yourself" lifestyle?

Personally, given my long history of loving the BDSM bankrobbery and Bane cosplay, I'm fairly stoked.
Now if only I could figure out how to mount a filter in this little number...

Attachments

• 20200722_085430.jpg
    20200722_085430.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 57

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
In Alabama all that they'd need to do is brand them for the Crimson Tide. Then even Wal-Mart would carry masks.

"ROLL TIDE!"
Whatever works, right? My friends in Texas would be 1000000% more likely to wear a mask if they were bright red, with a certain four-letter acronym and AK-47s printed all over them. I couldn't care less, just as long as they are wearing the 🤬 things.

Thomas Shey

Legend
Unfortunately, I think you hit the nail on the head here.

We are talking about people who don't want to be told they should do things for other people's benefit. They think the Golden Rule is "whoever has the gold, makes the rules".

I've been flat out tempted a couple times when seeing people doing the no-mask thing to look at them and go "Unless you have a very specific set of medical things, you're either stupid or you're selfish. Which is it?" Which would probably have gotten me in a fistfight or worse, but damn wasn't I tempted...

NotAYakk

Legend
I still wonder if the old paint filter mask I used early on before I had anything less dramatic was actually useful. Its pretty similar to one of these, but older: https://smile.amazon.com/Leeko-Anti-dust-Cartridge-Respirator-Activated/dp/B01M4ILLSI
Probably protected you but not others from you; it probably exhales unfiltered air.

The "dirty" secret is that masks seem many x as effective at stopping people spreading covid as they are at protecting people.

Probably at the high end this changes.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads