WotC D&D Beyond Update: 2024 Core Rulebooks, Maps, and Third Party Content.

Lots of feature improvements to maps.

Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 17.14.39.png

Maps has a number of updates.
  • Lots of feature improvements to maps--tokens, fog, and user interface.
  • 'Spectator Mode' allows DMs to open a separate tab as a player view on a separate monitor, streaming, etc.
  • 'Draw Tool' allows you to freehand draw on the map.
  • 6 products from back catalogue plus third party content added to library.
  • Pointer added.
  • You can now rename a token.
  • Enhancement and support will include the 2024 core rulebooks.
Maps is 'here to stay' and will continue to be supported.

Regarding third party products, apparently they are inviting 'many third parties to the party'.

darjr

I crit!
I bet you could make a character and upload a portrait and get a custom token. Or custom monsters? But can players move monster tokens? I’d have to subscribe to test it.

Iosue

Legend
I bet you could make a character and upload a portrait and get a custom token. Or custom monsters? But can players move monster tokens? I’d have to subscribe to test it.
There are no permissions for any of the tokens, so players can move any token they can see.

Oofta

Legend
You can create custom monsters, give them whatever image you want and add that.

pukunui

Legend
I gave Maps a try last night with my home Witchlight game. I uploaded a custom map and sized the tokens appropriately. It didn’t have a grid so the ruler tool proved handy there. I hooked up my laptop to the TV and displayed the spectator mode on it. It was fun!

I will definitely be using this more with this campaign.

Remove ads

Remove ads