D&D 5E D&D Inclusivity for People with Disabilities

Wishbone

Paladin Radmaster
That's what VSHA* is for.

*Villainous Safety and Health Administration

Flippant answer aside, considering the sheer assortment of monsters and beings with varied methods of locomotion, it's no great stretch to have a dungeon be accessible. The last thing the BBEG wants is for their pet wyvern to be defeated by the brave heroes retreating to an area without a wide enough width for its wingspan, or the naga by a set of steps.

Hell, I'm surprised there aren't more prominent options to treat an ooze as a mount given the tone of Acquisitions Incorporated, which I think would be an awesome option.

The DND Beyond video makes some solid points.

The last time I remember anything like was the 3e, I think, Gelatinous Cube mount.

Hell, I'm surprised there aren't more prominent options to treat an ooze as a mount given the tone of Acquisitions Incorporated, which I think would be an awesome option.

The DND Beyond video makes some solid points.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
In another thread, one of our illustrious posters asked about making D&D more inclusive for differently abled people. i.e. Can someone play a character in D&D like them? Well Sara Thompson released the Combat Wheelchair for 5th edition D&D that some people might like. You can read about it at Bell of Lost Souls. It works for me. I'm going to have one of the villains in my Acquisitions, Inc. campaign using one of these bad boys.
I think anyone should be able to play a character like them if they want to. That is a right every D&D player should have. Whether it takes a magic wheelchair or not, they shouldn't be punished for playing someone like them.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
If the monsters in a dungeon are Large, they need a 10 foot hallway to walk. (Or squeeze along in 5 feet). A wheelchair can get around the halls. (Stairs doorways or windows may be a different story.)

Come to think of it, put a monster lieutenant in a wheelchair and let the PCs decide what to do with it after they defeat him.

Wishbone

Paladin Radmaster
Okay. I think that would dissolve the saddle and you, but it seems cool (I still like the idea of an ooze symbiont that can serve as a mount).

For sure—one that I guess oozes out from under your skin or something. Any saddle would need to be made special to be immune to being dissolved by acid.

Hussar

Legend
Outside of the Shire, you don't think being 3' tall poses some severe limitations?
Is there magic to "solve" this? Yes.... But if you grow your 1/2ling to human size, what's the point of playing a 1/2ling to begin with? Is there magic to make life easier at times - Mage Hand etc? Yes. Provided you're playing the right class & pick those spells.

Y'know, this is an excellent point and something that gets glossed over far too much. A halfling (and 3 feet tall is actually a tall halfling) should be at all sorts of disadvantages all the time living in a human sized world. But, IME, this gets completely ignored almost all the time.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
For awhile I've wanted to play an artificer character who has lost a hand, and uses mage hand to replace their missing hand. It's not a fix, and certainly does not get rid of a lot of the problems that come involved with losing a hand, but I thought the idea was cool.

Remove ads