• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Insider Account question

sdt

First Post
I was hoping that someone with an Insider paid subscription could give me advice; I want to purchase an yearly subscription for my gaming group as a gift and my question is if it would be practical to do so? Maybe some of you share an account now; are there problems with this?

James McMurray

First Post
We got a yearly subscription for our group. $10 apiece is a bargain for all the stuff you get. There are no problems with sharing an account. There may be in the future if they add adventure creation tools for GMs and the players can't be trusted not to poke around in your online notes.

Asmor

First Post
It's worth noting that doing such would probably violate their license.

Which isn't to say you can't or shouldn't, just something to consider.

James McMurray

First Post
They've stated publicly that they not only don't care if people share accounts, they encourage groups to do so. They may have changed their mind since then, but not that I've seen.

timbannock

Hero
Supporter
They've stated publicly that they not only don't care if people share accounts, they encourage groups to do so. They may have changed their mind since then, but not that I've seen.

Agreed...I don't have the quote handy, but they (I believe "they" being Perkins, Noonan and Mearls) said that sharing this was fine in a group.

I just bought a sub, and I'll be sharing with my group if the need/want arises. So far, we haven't done enough 4e to sell the group on it yet, but they are definitely going to have a sweet chance this coming Sunday...I'm running Castle Zagyg in 4E!!

Asmor

First Post
Huh. Well, that's cool.

So is that official policy, or just the opinion of a few of the employees? Just curious.

ki11erDM

Explorer
Yea i would love to see a quote if anyone can find it. I wont be sharing mine but a few of the people in my group are related and that would be a prefect way for them to deal with it.

Remove ads