• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D is so METAL

Najo

First Post
Imaro said:

Sorry, the months of boot camp for non-violence and the life of drug dealing without being shot 9 times isn't just hardcore enough ;)

All you did is support the point of a previous life of violence and drugs is true.

This thread had all kinds of geek awesomeness and fun before you came through with your soap box and took Teflon's joking around too serious mr. no fun. Quit being a buzz kill and get with it. We forgive you this time.

BACK TO THE METAL!!!

\m/ \m/

Sheltem

First Post
Kae'Yoss said:
Absolutely. Especially BG, having always had a strong fantasy theme (after all, they did a whole album on tolkien's Silmarillion. Nightfall in Middle Earth's still one of my all-time favourite albums. They even made a song about Raistlin).

If I had not known the song Soulforged to be about Raistlin, I would have had a hard time realizing it from listening only. But yep it BG are pretty good.

Asmor

First Post
Erithtotl said:
2. Their name comes from the Elvish name for Mount Doom.

I don't know why, but any time anyone says that something is "Elvish" (outside of a gaming or fantasy story context), it makes me want to strangle them.

They could possibly redeem themselves in my eyes if "Amon Amarth" is something Tolkien actually wrote, and not just some translation from an "Elvish dictionary," but any respect gained in that would be lost by my intense annoyance re: Tolkien fanboys.

Actually, either way you cut it, their name is still a LotR reference, so I still hate them.

Asmor

First Post
Najo said:
Sorry, the months of boot camp for non-violence and the life of drug dealing without being shot 9 times isn't just hardcore enough ;)

All you did is support the point of a previous life of violence and drugs is true.

This thread had all kinds of geek awesomeness and fun before you came through with your soap box and took Teflon's joking around too serious mr. no fun. Quit being a buzz kill and get with it. We forgive you this time.

BACK TO THE METAL!!!

\m/ \m/

Agreed. Fir it or agin' it, please move the rap talk to a new thread. Heck, call it "D&D is so RAP."

Teflon Billy

Explorer
Does anyone remember Armored Saint?

Those guys were "D&D Metal" personified...

Armoured%20Saint%20Front-jpg%20compact.jpg

Their lead singer is the current frontman for Anthrax, any they did a scorching cover of March of the Saint

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads