• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E D&D Lead Editor Job Posting Mentions "TRPG digital tools licensee"

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
"The Lead Editor manages the relationship with the TRPG digital tools licensee, providing new TRPG content for the tools, and approving new tools features. (20%)"

Interesting. If it's not just a c&p job as others have assumed, some interesting items can be gleened from this:

• "Licensee" is singular. One licensee for more than one tool
  • "20% of the time isn't too bad. One day per week (on average) can get you somewhere.
  • "Approving new tools" leaves a gap. Will these new tools be designed and specified by the licensee? Or does WotC provide man power for the requirements engineering, too?

I see still another problem with this setup: WotC's policy of firing people. A position as contact with an external licensee needs a good relationship on a personal level. Such a person isn't so easy to replace.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Why are people assuming that it could be a cut & paste from a previous posting? It would seem a shoddy and unprofessional way of handling a job posting, something (IMO) uncharacteristic of a company with the size and reputation of WotC.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I took the time to fully read the posting on WotC site. The first item is certainly something new. Before the agreement with Kobold Press, I don't think that WotC had ever outsourced adventures and material to external design studios.

The Lead Editor contracts and manages external design studios to produce TRPG content on an ongoing basis, approving studio work as it comes in to ensure it matches the overall D&D brand identity and strategy. (30%)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads