• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General D&D memes thread discussion…

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
The last one “Psychopatic” isn’t meta-gaming. The player/character is drawing on in-world information (it doesn’t make sense for a helpless child to be wandering around the lower levels of a dungeon) to make an in-character conclusion (she is dangerous and we should attack her).
Same with the first one, IMO.

In a world where monsters and teleportation exist, there's no reason to believe a child is there of their own free will. A helpless child in a dungeon is a reason for caution, but as far as the group knows they just stumbled upon a portal and don't know how to get back. Attacking without proof of danger is kind of psychopathic.
It's only psychopathic if you are wrong. If you are right you have good instincts.

greg kaye

Explorer
It's only psychopathic if you are wrong. If you are right you have good instincts.
Maybe, or maybe you just have good luck.
There's a logic as to why the girl might be a vampire.
I wouldn't call it necessarily psychopathic to kill the girl but this is only based on the evidence of looking at a single panel in a cartoon - but I suspect it might be selfish not to give the apparent kid a chance.
Killing the apparent kid might be done in a perhaps valid attempt to reduce risks - but, who knows, it might actually cause more problems than it solves.

Oofta

Legend

To me it's psychopathic unless you've done something to verify that it's not a little girl. A Detect Evil using a spell or paladin ability would tell if she was undead. But even if she's undead, it isn't automatic that she means harm.

Basing decisions on a suspicion that someone could be dangerous with no evidence is, at best, psychopathic if not just outright evil.

Mad_Jack

Legend
1687025635197.png

Because bears with machine guns don't need reasons...

Also, for all its various flaws, most of them very obvious, still a pretty good movie considering the context in which it was made...

Remove ads