• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Miniatures really take off

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Psion said:
Oh well. I guess this means that future editions of the RPG will be even more miniature compulsive and wargame-like. :(

Bad luck, Psion. :)

Well, according to the latest miniatures poll on ENworld, from 127 votes, only 15 people do not usually use miniatures or counters in their D&D sessions. (I'm one of those people, despite my love of the new miniature line). There's a reason why WotC base their rules on miniature use.

Cheers!

Wombat

First Post
Hmmm, wonder if that means it will just eventually be cheaper to game something other than D&D...

Will the game price itself out of the market?

Lalato

Adventurer
Wombat said:
Hmmm, wonder if that means it will just eventually be cheaper to game something other than D&D...

Will the game price itself out of the market?

Unless every other system becomes free... I don't see this happening. One doesn't necessarily need minis. Counters work just fine. Heck... you can make your own counters by cutting up a piece of paper.

Magestrike

First Post

Thats seems to be my luck so far with the minis. I have gotten 3 Vadanias, 2 Dire Boars, 3 Minotaurs, and 2 Drow Cleric of Lolth. I have gotten a few other rares as well, but watching my friend Jamie open 1 box and pull an Earth Elemental is sad. On top of this, I have all these duplicate rares, but only have 1 Felldrake, which of course is a common..lol. Grrr....

I know in our store we do in fact keep them behind the counter. That was my call being the manager, and I would do it again in a heartbeat. We have a definite "theft" problem in our store in the RPG section, and I knew these would walk if given the chance. We got a display in when 3.5 came out. I set it up at 10am, went to the back of the store for 10 minutes (someone else was on the floor), came back out, looked at the display at 10:20am and it was "light" 6 books. 6 books in 20 minutes. Grrr.... So yea, the minis in our store are behind the counter. And we have sold out what we had twice now and awaiting a new shipment.

Mage

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads