• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D minis Harbinger complete set - still wanted by people?

RedSwan78

First Post
Hey there everyone,

I've been out of the minis scene for a long time now. Just wondering if people still use/play with the original minis? I remember shortly after it came out the demand on ebay for a complete set was high.

I put my set up on ebay and the auction is going (expires sunday night) but it doesn't seem like there is much interest. :( (or maybe I just expected higher bids?)

Is it that I picked a bad time, or do people just not use these minis in games anymore?

JoeGKushner

First Post
Could be the condition of the figs too.

COuld be that much of the set has seen some replication and that only some of the original core things that were rarely updated in qualities, like the Umber Hulks, are worth cash.

frankthedm

First Post
1. Set rotation and killing the tourney scene will nuke the value of collectible game. Canceling the game huts the perceived value too.

2. Only in the last few moments in an ebay auction do you really know how well it is doing. You are already at half as much as another seller's internationally available BUYITNOW and you still have days left. I'd say the listing is doing very well.

3. The listing says it just ships to the US. Tisk, tisk. Even just Cherrypicking rich countries helps an ebay auction.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
1. Set rotation and killing the tourney scene will nuke the value of collectible game. Canceling the game huts the perceived value too.

2. Only in the last few moments in an ebay auction do you really know how well it is doing. You are already at half as much as another seller's internationally available BUYITNOW and you still have days left. I'd say the listing is doing very well.

3. The listing says it just ships to the US. Tisk, tisk. Even just Cherrypicking rich countries helps an ebay auction.

I've been considering opening up our comicbook eBay store to international buyers, and we do get inquiries from overseas.

But the shipping is SUCH a pain in the butt, with added paperwork, and the amount of damage a package can take in overseas shipping means way upping the packing material (and the weight) as well. I am just not sure it is worth it.

Do you find it to be worth it?

Last edited:

Xyxox

Hero
I'm amazed at the $250 figure. That it will probably go up is pretty absurd to me, but there's no accounting for people wanting something, so good on you for getting it.

Huw

First Post
I don't think it is a good time to be selling. In the past four months, I've completed three sets (Dragoneye, Aberrations and Deathknell) and I'm only one figure away from a complete Giants of Legend (Just need Lord Soth). Many times I've been the only bidder on a rare, and even when I'm up against two or three others, I've won the figure for less than I would've paid two years ago.

Having said that, I think $250 is a good price. You're getting more than their value when new, which shows that they are still sought after and collectable. Good luck!

Sammael

Adventurer
I'm amazed at the $250 figure. That it will probably go up is pretty absurd to me, but there's no accounting for people wanting something, so good on you for getting it.
Why are you amazed? The set consists of 80 miniatures, so it works out to be about $3 per mini. That's hardly amazing, even unpainted minis go for that much (or more). Add to that the fact that this set hasn't been available for purchase for several years, and that it has some very nice and sought-after minis, and $250 looks like a bargain.

I doubt it will go for less than $500, actually, and I've seen sealed Harbinger sets go for $1K.

JoeGKushner

First Post
I wonder how much a complete set of Dragoneye or Archfiends would go for. I remember they were in high demand for a long time due to the aspects and all those other goodies.

Remove ads