• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D minis Harbinger complete set - still wanted by people?

RedSwan78

First Post
I only sold one thing to someone overseas from Ebay before, and it was such a complete fiasco, I never wanted to do it again, in addition to loosing out on some money because of it.

I can understand the frustration for some international bidders of not getting to bid on it, but for the average person, and not a business that deals with it, shipping internationally was just too much of a pain trying to co-ordinate costs and getting paid from the bidder for it. :(

To give an update though, you guys where right, I'm seeing the interest that I was originally expecting, now, in the last few hours. Still wish I had sold years ago though :( (then again, I wouldn't have that money *now* when it's needed! lol)

I live in Europe and I buy all my minis from the US. It's very well worth it.

Comics and such? Not so much but that it mainly because most sellers of comics etc. look more like 'a commercial business' compared to some minis sellers... What I mean is their packages look more "store" like which again means the chances of the package getting stuck in customs for weeks and being hit with a $30+ fee plus tax suddenly makes the whole thing much less attractive.

Sammael

Adventurer
Well, it fell short of my prediction, but it's still not that bad... it's a LOT less than it used to go for, but it seems the mini market in general has winded down.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Well, it fell short of my prediction, but it's still not that bad... it's a LOT less than it used to go for, but it seems the mini market in general has winded down.

What's the most you recall seeing for this and other complete sets? Have you seen how other complete sets are doing lately?

Sammael

Adventurer
Honestly, I haven't followed the market much lately. In general, a new set usually goes for $180 - $230 on release. Older sets used to go for much more - $400-$500 was the norm for Archfiends, IIRC, $600 for GoL, and Harbinger used to go for even more - I recall seeing a Harbinger set sell for more than $800 at one point. Of course, that was before 4E and DDM2, and several rares from Harbinger used to go for $50 or more (Umber Hulk, DCoL, Displacer Beast, Wraith).

rgard

Adventurer
I only sold one thing to someone overseas from Ebay before, and it was such a complete fiasco, I never wanted to do it again, in addition to loosing out on some money because of it.

Yes, I had the same problem. I mailed to an Ebay buyer in Australia. It was won and shipped 3 days before Christmas 2005. The buyer filed a non-receipt claim during the first week of the new year. All I could show on the tracking was that the item had left the US. Ebay refunded his money as I couldn't prove it was delivered in Australia.

I was out:

1. The item (Grenadier's Orcs of the Severed Hand, IIRC)
2. The payment he made.
3. The shipping I paid to mail it.

I found the buyer's email address last year when I was cleaning out an old PC. I emailed him and asked if I could buy the item back from him as I wanted to give it to my brother who was looking for it. He replied that he still had it and the minis were not yet painted and that he would gladly sell it back to me.

I guess he forgot that he did receive the minis...or more likely he forgot he ripped me off.

That was my last shipment to a non-US buyer on Ebay.

The problem with Ebay and shipping to other countries is that there is no way to prove the item actually arrived to the buyer. Stuff gets lost in the post, lost or stolen in foreign customs and there are some buyers who are just out to steal. Additionally, Ebay has the DSRs with which the buyers rate the sellers by item description accuracy, communication, shipping time and shipping cost. If the item is genuinely delayed in customs the overseas buyers will sometimes ding the seller on shipping time. Get enough dings and your items' placement during searches ends up buried. Get more dings and you lose your privilege of selling on Ebay.

You can get delivery confirmation with Fedex and UPS, but whenever I get an overseas query from a prospective buyer, I quote them the UPS and Fedex rates. I never hear back from them after that.

I suppose that you can manage the risk and sell to folks in other countries with the increase in sales (volume and higher bids) offsetting the thieves.

I chose not to deal with the hassles of selling to non-US buyers.

Thanks,
Rich

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads