• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Monsters that look sci-fi

Calico_Jack73

First Post
KB9JMQ said:
Thri-Kreen is one that pops into my head.QUOTE]

Gotta agree on the Thri-Kreen. A long time ago there was a really cool game made by Electronic Arts called Starflight and Starflight 2 (a lot like Star Control 2). Anyway, one of the races of aliens you could crew the ship with were the Velox which were human sized insects. There were also the Elowan which were plant people and the Thrynn which were lizard folk (looked more like Firenewts than Lizard Men). The Thrynn had a natural aptitude to being Comm Officers and were fairly tough while the Elowan made great Doctors and Comm Officers but were very frail. Velox made great Engineers and Navigators and were fairly tough too. Humans were decent at everything but not excelling in any one area.

Hmmm... may have to dig out Traveller T20 and base it on Starflight.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
i think i'd want to avoid beholders and mind flayers, if only because they are so distinctive in D&D. :) but there are some good suggestions here... thanks! keep em coming!

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
diaglo said:
don't forget to break out your Spelljammer stuff too.

Man, I still love the Neogi from Spelljammer. I gotta think about bringing them back around...

Where did I see 3.0 or 3.5 stats for the Neogi again, official or otherwise?

BTW, diaglo, how's your luggage? :)

the Jester

Legend
jaerdaph said:
Man, I still love the Neogi from Spelljammer. I gotta think about bringing them back around...

Where did I see 3.0 or 3.5 stats for the Neogi again, official or otherwise?

They're in the MM2; a fantastic book, btw...

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
jaerdaph said:
Where did I see 3.0 or 3.5 stats for the Neogi again, official or otherwise? :)

Answered my own question using the all-powerful, all-knowing Creature Collection Web site: Monster Manual II

diaglo: I have baggage too, but not the luggage kind...

:D

Edit: Thanks Jester :)

Last edited:

Remove ads