• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Movie/TV D&D Movie Hit or Flop?

Do you know Disney's "Descendants"? That was a direct to Disney Channel, no released at cinemas, but it worked very well, and it has been three movies, a cartoon miniserie, and a fourth movie coming soon.

2023 is being a bad year for Hollywood. We are not talking about a couple of bombs, but big cinema studios losing a lot of money. A least with this movie the brand is earning value, and Paramount knows they is a card what can played again later.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
PC Mag's weekly most viewed in the US is already up for last week. I bet it's early because of the holiday-ish weekend.

Secret Invasion and The Bear take over the #1 and #2 slots.

D&D Honor Among Thieves falls to merely #7 in movies. It remains the most-watched movie on Paramount+ in the USA. Remember, it's not on the top 10 globally because it's only been released for streaming in the US. Next week's streaming numbers are going to be interesting as Showtime subscribers that didn't have P+ now do, kinda. It's already trending back up globally likely just because of the new Paramount Global push to unify their streaming options to FAST (Pluto), entry level P+ and P+ with Showtime.

Remains top 5 on Amazon, two day dip to #2 on iTunes, spent the entire month of June as the #1 globally on Google (purchasing), on Rakuten (light euro distro) it popped back to #1 and on Vudu it's been in a fall down to 8th.

Even if it is not the superhit Paramount wanted it was, at least they know it can be one of its best cards in a future.

I wonder if Hasbro talked with animation studios from different countries of the world, to produce something like Star Wars Visions. Let's imagine different nations creating their own version of D&D stories. I guess this would be inclusive in the right way.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
His total earning for Batman was about $60,000,000. But there's a list of $100,00,000 earnings in front of him now. Note, that's nominal earnings - profit based stuff comes in over time, making it nearly impossible to adjust for inflation.

That list seems to be a bit out of date as Chris Pine has been in a halfdozen movies since he reached his current status making at least 5 mill, and in a couple cases 10m+

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
That list seems to be a bit out of date

The page has multiple lists on it, so you may need to be more specific.

as Chris Pine has been in a halfdozen movies since he reached his current status making at least 5 mill, and in a couple cases 10m+

But, $5 and $10 million are not big numbers for the Highest Earing for a Single Production list - there's no total compensation there under $30 million. The most recent thing on it is DiCaprio getting $30 million for Killers of the Flower Moon in 2023.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
The page has multiple lists on it, so you may need to be more specific.

But, $5 and $10 million are not big numbers for the Highest Earing for a Single Production list - there's no total compensation there under $30 million. The most recent thing on it is DiCaprio getting $30 million for Killers of the Flower Moon in 2023.
He's not on the total compensation list, which claims to only go to 30 million, but other sources have Pine at over 40 million (which makes more sense when you see that he's earned 5m+ for 6 movies and been in dozens more.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
He's not on the total compensation list, which claims to only go to 30 million, but other sources have Pine at over 40 million (which makes more sense when you see that he's earned 5m+ for 6 movies and been in dozens more.

The lists on that page are total compensation for a single movie and earnings for a single year. These lists do not cover total lifetime compensation, so making many movies at $5 million are certainly a lot of money from my perspective, but they may not mean $30+ million in any given year, or any one production.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
The lists on that page are total compensation for a single movie and earnings for a single year. These lists do not cover total lifetime compensation, so making many movies at $5 million are certainly a lot of money from my perspective, but they may not mean $30+ million in any given year, or any one production.
Aha! Thank you for clarifying.

Zardnaar

Legend
His total earning for Batman was about $60,000,000. But there's a list of $100,00,000 earnings in front of him now. Note, that's nominal earnings - profit based stuff comes in over time, making it nearly impossible to adjust for inflation.

Cheese I was quoting off memories from the 90s and mother's gossip magazines.

Should have clarified highest paid for a single production.

High paid 90's actors were hitting 20 million iirc then there's Jack.

I think Gone With the Wind is biggest movie ever adjusted for inflation.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads