• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Nightmares

Paragon Badger

First Post
I'm attempting to start a PBP Game in the In Character Forum with this general premise, The PCs will have to venture into people's dreams to rescue them from their own nightmares. This is set in the Realms. So I thought I 'd go fishing for inspiration over here. What D&D monster or situation would give you nightmares? Deep seated fear of zombie or badgers? Do really big centipedes freak you out? The more wacked out, the better.

BTW I'm still accepting PC sumbissions in the recruiting thread. Anyone is welcome and the rules are posted there.

Mystic Eye

First Post
Hey there,

Our two small 72 page monster books have about 60 creatures all based on the Nightmares and Dreams of humans.

These are called Nightmares & Dreams (go figure) 1 & 2.

Ciarrai

First Post
Undead

I have a bard that HATES undead. Hates em with a passion. (It doesn't hurt that he is very uncomfortable being underground and every time he fought undead, it was underground). One thing that my GM and I were considering was having one of his friends/companions made undead and facing him, with all the powers of being undead but with all the knowledge of his strenght, weaknesses and personality.

If you wanted to play with this in a dream scenario, it would be pretty cool because the turned companion could start out looking normal and then in one of those sudden shifts of reality that happens in dreams shift into full ghoulish grossness. If might be interesting for shock value.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads