• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D on CNN

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Man, I was standing behind Dave Arneson yet somehow I missed being in the shot. That was a great event. Got to meet Monte Cook and thank him for all the fun times.

kirinke

First Post
heheh. read CNN's review.
They should have said: it's like cowboys and indians. Only with beholders. And wands that go boom. :)

Darth K'Trava

First Post
That, probably, would've blown their little minds trying to figure out what a beholder was.....

But..... WOLVES?!?!?! yeesh! Maybe if they'd have said "DRAGONS", it've made more sense.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Yeah, right. Susan the Beholder, uh actually just Susan. Right, yeaaaah. Anyway I'm proud of my game! I say congrats to 30 strong years! DnD is only two years older than me.

KMageau

First Post
I thought the CNN article was good reading albeit short. To me they did a decent job portraying the gaming and the community in a positive light. I suspect there will be a rash of anti-D&D comments coming out in the near future.

diaglo

Adventurer
johnsemlak said:
Interesting that in CNN's related poll--"Do you believe D&D is the best fantasy RPG?", Yes is only leading 60% to 40%

let me at 'em.

don't they know D&D is the only true game. :D

Qlippoth

Explorer
Darth K'Trava said:
That, probably, would've blown their little minds trying to figure out what a beholder was.....

But..... WOLVES?!?!?! yeesh! Maybe if they'd have said "DRAGONS", it've made more sense.
Then again, there were a LOT of wolves and other canines in the Harbinger minis... :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads