• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D PDA software?

jdavis said:
I use DS Forgeworks on my Dell Axim quite a bit when I DM (random monsters and XP calc.) I have yet to use it as a player.

I keep on having problems just installing the DS Forgeworks. I open the setup file and it gives me an error message and then asks me for a login and password.... :confused:

jdavis

First Post
Trevalon Moonleirion said:
I keep on having problems just installing the DS Forgeworks. I open the setup file and it gives me an error message and then asks me for a login and password.... :confused:
It's been a while since I installed it but I don't remember having any problems at all.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I use an excel-compatible spreadsheet on my PalmOS unit, I imagine you could set up one similar on your PocketPC unit.

Basically setting up a self calculating spreadsheet with the key info appearing in front of me and the calculations and work areas off to the left. It makes it trivial to change attributes as the result of spells :) or poison :( and see the knock-on effect on all your skills and saves etc.

I could email you the excel sheet I use, although it is optimised for 320x320 resolution and you might be better off creating something from scratch for the resolution of your device.

Hecateus

First Post
not having a PDA myself, any recomendations for a gamer on a budget(...more or less)?

Tentatively, I would prefer a pocketPC, but near beggars can't be picky choosers. ;)

Thanks.

Skullfyre

First Post
jdavis said:
I use DS Forgeworks on my Dell Axim quite a bit when I DM (random monsters and XP calc.) I have yet to use it as a player.

I am having issues install it for the pocket pc. it is asking for a dsn and a database,
suggestions?

Calico_Jack73

First Post
I think by far my favorite utility for Role-Playing is Tomeraider. Once you have that program loaded up (using Palm OS) there is a Monster Manual in TomeRaider format you can download (it used to be at Jamis Buck's website). You can easily pull all the information you need on any creature in the monster manual with just a few strokes of the stylus. It is particularly handy when I play a Wizard and I use one of the Monster Summoning Spells. There is also a Tomeraider database with all the D&D spells in it, both divine and arcane, which also comes in VERY handy. As a DM I found a tool that you can input your Cleric's applicable stats and it works out his turning attempts.

Personally I'd like to find a name generator. I've got a player that never forgets to get the name of every barkeep, barmaid, and merchant he runs across in the campaign.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
iSilo is an excellent document reader, which allows you to create hyperlinked documents on your PDA from HTML source files. I've got 3e and d20modern SRD's which I've done myself and something based on the winning 3.5e SRD competition run on ENworld last year.

happy to share these with anyone that is interested.

Remove ads