• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D: Satanic, or Something Positive?

Angcuru

First Post
Just another example of how Gamers are right and this guy and all the other Jack Chick wanna-bes are not. :)

This is just so pathetic it's funny.

Gamer: I read an article on your site saying that people kill themselves over D&D, perform Satanic rituals, etc. Can you prove that these things actually happen?

Minister: WHAT ARTICLE! I DON'T SEE ANY ARTICLE! PRAISE THE LORD, BROTHER

Gamer: Aaactually...the article is in plain sight on your webpage. Just look.

Minister: *starting to sweat* OH, YEAH! D&D IS EVIL! JOIN THE CRUSADE AGAINST THE HERETICS! PRAISE THE LORD, BROTHER

Gamer: Umm.....right. I don't see how you're supporting your stance. Can you prove these claims?

Minister: *starting to panic* I DUNNO, ASK HIM! *points to author of article*

[joke]
Gamer: He said to ask you.

Minister: YOU CAN'T PROVE ANYTHING! HADOKEN
[/joke]

:rolleyes:

Angcuru said:
Just another example of how Gamers are right and this guy and all the other Jack Chick wanna-bes are not. :)

This is just so pathetic it's funny.

-snipped-

Funny, yes....to a point. Let's not sink to the level of throwing insults around. Its just as bad as what they do to us. Oh, and while I may not be Christian, I don't think its really a good idea to direct this only at Christians(which is nearly always is)...there are MANY people who have that kind of negative view of D&D and RPGs in general.

Please take a moment to read the website that is the source of this conflict: http://www.biblebelievers.org.au. It's full of ridiculous statements and a mish-mash of conspiracy theories

This is not a case of Christians who believe wierd stuff because they're Christian. It's a case of people with wierd beliefs peddling those beliefs under a banner of "Christianity". It doesn't make them Christian anymore than going to mass on Sunday makes a mafia don a good Catholic.

Bran Blackbyrd

Explorer
Airwolf said:
Ah, it’s so good to know that fear and ignorance are still alive and well in the 21st century.

I fear ignorance because I don't understand it.

NoOneofConsequence
This is not a case of Christians who believe wierd stuff because they're Christian. It's a case of people with wierd beliefs peddling those beliefs under a banner of "Christianity".

And it happens quite frequently. See folks, you sort of have to follow the tenets of a religion before you can claim to belong to it...

What I wonder about is what exactly it is that makes D&D games so targetable.

Is it the hearkening back to past modes of thought and expression?

The way it gratifies people who fit into stereotypes other than a good member of the Christian Athletic Association? What?

I mean I'm an Eagle Scout, and a member of that particular group once climbed up a Univeristy Tower and killed or wounded an amazing number of people before being taken down in a hail of gunfire himself, and I'm certain that several Boy Scouts have committed suicide or been implicated in crimes since that organization's inception, and we just get a very different kind of flack.

Just strange.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I think its very nice of those people to post all those vicious lies like that. Now there is a group we can all make fun of and deride who actually deserve it.

:D

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads