• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E D&D Spellbook Cards Preview

Grossout

First Post
I think what you are describing is the difference between affordable to all cards and collectors edition cards for those with money to burn.

That being said I would wait in line right there with you lol.
Haha - maybe you're right.. Fun to dream though!

Wizards, warlocks, and sorcerers have 230 spells.

Druids have 110 spells.

Clerics have 106 spells.

Bards have 120 spells.

Paladins have 44 spells.

Rangers have 46 spells.
Just out of curiosity, where did you get this information? Please, please, for the love of everything holy, don't tell me you got it from the alpha.

Wolfskin

Explorer
Damn you, Wizards! Now I'll have to throw down my money for these neat cards! (probably even buy two Arcane sets, as they are by far the most played casters at my tables)

Love the class symbols, btw!

Just out of curiosity, where did you get this information? Please, please, for the love of everything holy, don't tell me you got it from the alpha.
I'm pretty sure he got it from the product page from GF9's site.

fjw70

Adventurer
Damn you, Wizards! Now I'll have to throw down my money for these neat cards!

Love the class symbols, btw!

I'm pretty sure he got it from the product page from GF9's site.

Yep, the product page linked in the first post and re-linked by Wolfskin.

Now I am awaiting the product page for the 50-100 fighter maneuvers we are getting for the Battle/weaponmaster.

Last edited:

jrowland

First Post
I would be more likely to buy if each card was individually purchasable. Made a first level wizard? Buy a handful of cards. Level up? buy 2 more. Campaign ends early? Oh well, at least I don't have 100+ useless cards. Maybe I'll roll a druid next time.

As an added bonus, GF9 would have data on which spells saw the most sales: ie, which spells are popular, as well as how often 9th level spells are purchased as a proxy for high level campaigns.

Wrathamon

Adventurer
I would love products like this...

However, with WoTC's inability to edit themselves out of a wet paper bag lately, and the massive amounts of errata that happened with 4e... There is no way I can see something like this being really useful until much later in the release cycle and the major bugs ironed out... Releasing this soon, there is a good chance than the majority of these cards could be invalidated within 3 months time...

This is my fear

Remove ads