• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Starter Set at Walmart

Well that is surreal. Did they have anything like that in the book department?

Sir Brennen

Legend
Wow. Other old-timers correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember D&D products on the shelves of big-box stores since 1st edition. Many chains stopped carrying D&D merch during the "devil worship" scares of the 80's.

DMZ2112

Chaotic Looseleaf
Ah, to have never seen a Walmart. Such bliss.

I saw the first D&D4 Starter Set (the 2008, 4th-Edition-branded one, not the red box replica) at Toys R Us once. That made me happy. But I've never seen any D&D books or boxed sets at a Walmart or Target, let alone anywhere but a hobby shop or bookstore.

I've never seen a stack of four Starter Sets /anywhere/.

And that /is/ a remarkably well-lit, orderlly Walmart aisle. The general manager must have added daily floggings to his employees' compensation packages. Excellent work, Keeper.

casterblaster

First Post
I noticed the starter set at our Wal-Mart while looking at magic cards (im in MS so wal-mart is as plentiful as churches and I don't mean churches chicken, I mean our town is small and we have two Wal-marts, but I digress). I think this is great, when I was younger and just discovered DnD the core books were hard to come across in my town. So if Wally world had carried it back then that would have been awesome.

I remember seeing the "Old" Red Box starter set for 4th Edition at a several of the Walmarts here in Florida. I have not seen the the 5th Edition boxed set until these pictures...

Remove ads

Remove ads