D&D General How many D&D5e(2014) "Adventure Paths" have you played/finished?

How many of the "big/long" D&D 5e (2014) have you actually played and or finished?

Votes: 12 17.1%

Votes: 18 25.7%

Votes: 13 18.6%

Votes: 14 20.0%

Votes: 5 7.1%

Votes: 2 2.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 4.3%

Votes: 1 1.4%

• 10+

I ran the Alexandrian Remix of Dragon Heist, a mashup of the Starter Set and Essentials Kit, and all the giant lairs in Storm King's Thunder as a major component to another campaign.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
One as a player. Dragon Heist. It was fantastic. We started Mad Mage but noped out of a long dungeon crawl after a few levels.

I’ve run pieces of modules. But none as written and certainly not to completion. If a map, NPC, location, etc sounds good I’ll lift it out and use it.

Finished:
Hoard
Heist
Ghosts x 2
Rime x 2
Storms
Abyss
Tomb x2
Princes
Curse
Light

Mad got to about the 11th level
Avernus abandoned at the devil/demon path bit.

I’ve completed Rime of the Frostmaiden and Call of the Netherdeep (WotC status debatable). Both as DM.

As a player, I have done Wild Beyond the Witchlight.

I’ve never competed one without adding in additional content though.

I have also completed 3 homebrew campaigns in 5e (one to level 20) and am currently on my 4th (6th if including WotC campaigns).

Last edited:

Dragonblade

Adventurer
We did Heist and Mad Mage/Undermountain, level 1 to 20. Campaign took about 3 years running from 2019/2020ish to 2023. Playing about 3 hours a week, roughly 40 weeks a year. We finished about a year ago and started Tomb of Annihilation in 2023. We should finish Tomb in another 2-3 months, playing at the same pace we played Undermountain. Don't know what we will play next. I'm honestly bored of 5e and am considering running Savage Worlds Pathfinder.

Before our epic 1-20 5e campaign, I ran the first book of the first 5e AP, Dragons of Tyranny or whatever its called. Didn't like it so we stopped after the first book. That ran for a couple of years. 2017-2019ish.

Before that I ran Pathfinder's Carrion Crown AP but converted entirely to 4e. We did the whole thing. My players really loved that game. They were dubious about 4e before that one, now they talk fondly about it and ask if we might do 4e again in the future. That campaign took about 3 years and ran from roughly 2014 to 2017ish.

Before that we bounced games around a bit , but I ran Rise of the Runelords using Pathfinder from like 2011 to 2013ish. We finished the whole thing, it took a couple of years but I abbreviated it a bit. I was so burned out, I swore off Pathfinder/3.5 rules forever which led us to running Carrion Crown in 4e. I told my group its either 4e or someone else runs something. They grudgingly agreed to 4e, but ended up having a blast. lol.

Before that I played in an Age of Worms campaign using 3.5 rules. Played the whole thing but I didn't DM it. That game ran for a couple of years.

Then various misc. games that started and stopped in the early 2000's. Throughout the 90's I played a long running AD&D game, alternating with Palladium and RIFTS one shots whenever we needed a change of pace. One of my players from those days still games with me. Everyone else from back in the day has drifted away. I was in high school and college during the 90's. Another player has gamed with me since the 2000's. The rest of the group joined about 10 years ago when I did the Carrion Crown game.

Distracted DM

Distracted DM
Supporter
Completed
Played through:
  • Descent into Avernus
  • Curse of Strahd
DMed:
  • Dragonheist
  • Light of Xaryxis (twice, but not sure if this is long enough to count as an AP)

Started, but didn't get through:
  • Hoard of the Dragon Queen
  • Out of the Abyss
Light of Xaryxis .. yeah good question. The two set-box adventures are somewhere between old modules and 5e lvl 3-12 adventures.

Actually I guess you could compare them to 3e adventure books like Forge of Fury, the ones in that line. Not adventure paths, not modules.
"Adventures" I guess 😆

Actually Dragon Heist would fit into that as well. It's 1-5, it just has that supposed "replay value" feature built in.

Remove ads