D&D Story in Entertainment Weekly

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Me either...

ced1106 said:

Me neither!

No, wait. I never bought one.

I'm too busy reading books, most of them divided in chapters and completely without pictures. :D

But I did take time to read the article. It was funny. Especially the bit about the maid offering the coke to the little boy.

Advice to the offended: Get over it and get on with your life. With all of the genuinely offensive, downright evil things going on the world, the comedic musings of Joel Stein are much ado about nothing indeed.

Last edited:

Dragonblade

Adventurer
I've played D&D since I was 10 years old and have never had a problem dating and/or sleeping with beautiful women when I was in college. My wife is in fact, very beautiful. :)

And I don't mean beautiful women in a relative geek sense. I mean beautiful in a Cameron Diaz, Angelina Jolie sense.

I also don't mean to imply I'm some sort of playboy. ;) Just trying to dispel the myth that all gamers are socially inept virgins. :)

cthuluftaghn

First Post
I spent my afternoon surrounded by my D&D books, writing and creating and fussing about spell stats.

Then I read that article.

Now I'm going to go have sex with my beautiful wife.

'nuff said. Good Night.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Try not to take the thing too seriously. He was more mocking himself and his nerdiness and his vices (notice the pr0n addiction mentioned in the article). Anyway, who will people take more seriously - this joker, or Vin Diesel, who is proud of the fact that he plays D&D, and has absolutely no difficulties attracting women?

Droogie

Explorer
Can't seem to get the link to the article to work, but once you said it was written by Joel Stein I knew what I was in for. He writes the same kind of facetious, smart-alecky columns in Time Magazine on all kinds of subjects, and quite frankly, the man cracks me up. Time gets many angry letters from all over the world from people who don't get his sense of humor.

Of course if he's attacking something I really enjoy, I guess I can anticipate some annoyance on my part, but I'm over it already.

Geek Power.

DDK

Banned
Banned
Dragonblade said:
And I don't mean beautiful women in a relative geek sense. I mean beautiful in a Cameron Diaz, Angelina Jolie sense.
Angelina Jolie isn't a babe. I'd be scared of seeing that face coming towards me...

Now if you want beautiful, full and luscious lips, Jessica Alba is your girl. She's just drop-dead gorgeous all 'round, in fact.

Remove ads