D&D 4E D&D4e Social interactions, the Sweet Spot and Advancement

thormagni

Explorer
InzeladunMaster said:
It sounds to me like the paper's management has no idea how to run the paper properly. Turnover seems high and morale seems low... that is a poor combination, especially for a print medium fast approaching the brink of extinction.

I can't even get started talking about it, or I will never stop. But a few things I have become acutely aware of in recent days.

1) Increased productivity and reduced staffing is not always the answer to every problem. At some point, you really do need more people working to get more work done.

2) Setting goals and demanding they be met is not leadership. Figuring out what your people can achieve and then getting them to do that the best they can? That might be leadership.

3) There is Price, Quantity and Quality. You can only pick two of those three in every project. It is not possible to have all three. If you want Quantity and Quality, it is going to cost you. If you want something to be cheap but done right, you aren't going to get a lot of Quantity. And if you want it done cheaply and to have a lot of it, you aren't going to have very high Quality.

4) Even somebody who seems to do nothing on the job, did SOMETHING when you suddenly have to do their job and yours.

thormagni

Explorer
InzeladunMaster said:
M&M is certainly piquing my interest lately.

It is entirely possible that M&M is the 21st century equivalent of Champions. Champions was at first a superhero game system but it became apparent that the game design was so rock solid and modular that those rules could be used to play every other possible genre. I think a fantasy game or a heroic level game would be super fun using M&M.

Remove ads