D1: Ashin's Commission (El Jefe judging)

Erekose13

Explorer
Eternity is grateful to have 2 healers join the group. Even on Undaria where there are many healers, the life giving ability of each is sacred and ever so important. She bows to Michael and strange Almayce touching her forehead in the proper greating granted to such important people. "We are blessed by both your precesence." she says, her accent making the last word a little awkward.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"We trust that should you be accompanying us, you shall not allow your animosity towards us to hinder the group's cooperation," Zaeryl addresses Michael, "This is an ominous journey, and seems to be a dangerous and weighty task. All will need to work together for the group's benefit if we are to have the best chance at success...and survival."

Patlin

Explorer
Ironwolf Kinkaid, Human Psychic Warrior 2

"Animosity? Seems more like you two had a simple disagreement to me. I agree that we will all need to work together, though."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"If we recall, he threatened us with physical assault, and we had previously made no such threat against him, so it is rather one-sided to be a disagreement. But still, we agree with you that the matter should be dropped in the interest of working together effectively, which is why we wanted to get it out of the way now."

doghead

thotd
Ashin Hanasisar, male human merchant

Ashin leaves the question of whether to accept Micael up to those already at the table. It quickly becomes apparant that they seem to want him in.

Zaeryl's comment drags Ashin's attention back to the conversation. The merchant nods in agreement with Ironwolf's final statement.

"Whether you like each other or not is your business. Whether you can work together or not is mine," he adds quietly. "Can you work together?"

Once Zaeryl has indicated his willingness to do so, Ashin turns to Michael for his responce.

ajanders

Explorer
doghead said:
Ashin leaves the question of whether to accept Micael up to those already at the table. It quickly becomes apparant that they seem to want him in.

Zaeryl's comment drags Ashin's attention back to the conversation. The merchant nods in agreement with Ironwolf's final statement.

"Whether you like each other or not is your business. Whether you can work together or not is mine," he adds quietly. "Can you work together?"

Once Zaeryl has indicated his willingness to do so, Ashin turns to Michael for his responce.

Michael reaches out and takes the truth rod.
"We will work together."
Then he slides the rod back towards Ashin.
After a moment, he flushes and takes it back again.
"And I do not owe allegiance to any Lord Fallon or anyone who owes him service."
He slides it back towards Ashin, then turns brighter red and takes it half back.
"To the best of my knowledge."
He pushes the thing all the way back to Ashin.
"I think that covers it all."

Oh Sela, what a lot you ask sometimes...

doghead

thotd
Ashin Hanasisar, male human merchant

Ashin smiles.

"Yes I think it does."

Ashin slips the rod back into its case and slips the case away.

"Now I suppose that I should explain. To do so is going to require a little history. Please bear with me for a moment.

"Duvik was settled about 60 years ago by refugees fleeing presecution in Fallon. The people of Duvik are mostly Duviknics, originally from the north and east of here. Their religious tenants did not match those of the people of Fallon, and well anyway, they fled into the Stonepike mountains where they settled and stayed.

"About 30 years ago silver was discovered in the mountains around Duvik. It was not a rich seam, but it has been a steady one over the decades. The town grew a little, and began to shake off the poverty that it had struggled with since it was founded. 5 years later, the orcs arrived. The people of Duvik banded together to defend their valley. They were hardy people, hardened further by a tough life. But they were no match for a warband of experienced warriors. The people of Duvik sought aid from Fallon, but their pleas were ignored. Orussus was also approached, and although the city did not send its militia, adventurers were hired from this very tavern to train and lead the people of Duvik. Hansforth Paltin* was among that number, and it was in Duvik that he discovered his genius for tactics that would later bring him much fame on Brentwidge Plains and at Cooramok."

* Knowledge (history or local) DC 10: [sblock]Hansforth Paltin is a famous ranger, many of whose early adventures began in the Red Dragon Tavern.[/sblock]

Ashin's eyes gleam brightly as he recounts this part of the tale, and his voice becomes noticeably more animated.

"Eventually the orcs were driven back and an truce made. But the people of Duvik never forgot Fallon's silence, and so they turned their backs on Fallon and their faces to Orussus for their trade.

"Over the last ten years, Fallon have been making overtures to Duvik, trying to bring the town into their area of influence. In response, group of merchants from Orussus has been pressing the council here to offer an alliance to Duvik. Initially the council was slow to see the need, but the tide of opinion is turning. Fallon knows this, and I suspect that the events in Duvik are in some way tied to this struggle for Duvik. I will not say that the rumours are groundless, but I suspect that Fallon is behind this in one way or another. A disaster offers Fallon the opportunity to make up for the persecution that drove the people out of Fallon and Fallon's failure to assist Duvik 25 years ago.

"And even if they are not behind this, then it still is an opportunity that they will be unlikely to pass up I believe."

B4cchus

Explorer
"So what are to do about this? Find out what the problems are? Solve the problems? Find out who causes the problems?"
Hulgyr stares down his emty mug and looks up smiling "And do you have another one of these? All this talking makes my throat dry"

Remove ads