D1: Ashin's Commission (El Jefe judging)

Rystil Arden

First Post
"In addition to the likelihood of Fallon's involvement, it could also be the descendants of the orcs, come back to seek vengeance for their earlier defeat. Either way, this does look like a job for experienced adventurer's, so from our assessment of the denizens of this tavern, you have come to the correct place. Still, this may be quite a dangerous ordeal. Is there any chance that you could provide us with an additional stipend ahead of time to purchase supplies? We remember from our last adventure that Almayce's wand of healing and the potions of several others saved lives."

Erekose13

Explorer
"So our task is to find out what happened in Duvik and see about your men? How far away is this Duvik? I myself, have never been to these shores and while I look forward to exploring them thuroughly I have no means of travel beyond my own two feet. Will it be a long walk?" replies Eternity grabbing her drink from Joe and taking a seat next to the large half-orc.

B4cchus

Explorer
Hulgyr gives Zaeryla sharp look "The Orcs have settled thier differents with those people. Scheming with demons and undead is no way for an Orc to seek vengeance! An Orc would walk up to you and put his fist where his mouth is, not through some strange plot to scare you away!"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"We must admit that we have seen far more orcs roaming freely among the peoples of Orussus than was at all common when last we walked the mortal realm, but even so, unless orcs have changed greatly, the majority of orc tribes are brutal, belligerent, and avaricious, and the shamans among them might be the sort to consort with dark powers to aid them in seeking vengeance. Still, we are not saying it is the most likely option, merely that it is possible."

Patlin

Explorer
Such statements are merely a matter of degree. Ironwolf thinks, frowning. Humanity is brutal, belligerent and avaricious as well, taken as a whole. Zaeryl makes a mistake if he is insinuating Hulgyr must necessarilly have those traits due to his Orc blood. Or is Zaeryl so emotionally detatched from the people around him that he doesn't even realize the insult he's implying to our companion?

B4cchus

Explorer
Hulgyr stands up and slams his fist on the table "So you say humans are less brutal and superior to my kin? I have more honour then many of human i encountered! Just last week i brought justice upon a band of pirates who thought it just to slay an entire family and sink many ships for thier profit alone! There where no orcs among them, but many of them where human! Just because Orcs do not build great cities and use civilisation as an excuse to strike down upon those they see as inferior they are less honourable? Does that make them devil worshippers?"
"You go ahead and bask in your light of superiority! We will see what your honour is worth soon enough"
After saying this He seems to calm down a bit and sits back down, although a small spark of anger is still visible within his eyes.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Please. Trust us, we would be the last to attempt to glorify humans. Humans can be brutal, they quite often are, and they are often shortsighted and foolish. But make no mistake that orcs follow the pattern more often than humans. Now, you personally may break the mould, which is why such things are not good methods to use on individuals, but the fact remains that just as the the generality proves nothing about you, so do you prove nothing about the generality. Orcs, on average, are less intelligent and more rash than humans. This is no mere speculation--it is fact. Now, are there orcs who are smarter than most humans? Yes, there are. And there are humans who are less intelligent than the average orc, but the fact remains. And orcs tend towards evil and entropy. These are no speculations or prejudice--they are facts. Are orcs 'inferior' to humans, as you have said we claim? We make no such claim to rank the two mortal races. But are they capricious and evil as a race? Yes, they are. We are surprised that this is even a question--it is like asking whether dark elves or red dragons are generally evil. Of course they are."

(OOC: And from what I've seen in my adventure Immortality Awakens, Enworld is more prejudiced against members of typically evil races than any world I've ever seen. My adventurers saw hobgoblins attacking a gray render and they decided to attack the hobgoblins ;))

"But let us speak not of these things, but rather, let us speak of the task ahead of us, and how we shall pursue it together."

doghead

thotd
Ashin Hanasisar, male human merchant.

Ashin draws back a little as Hulgyr slams his fists on the table, but the merchant says nothing and does nothing to interrupt the exchange. He does, however, follow the exchange closely, an intent look on his face.

B4cchus

Explorer
"You can have you -facts- and keep them. If you whish to view the world like that i will leave you at it, for a more pressing matter is at hands indeed. I hope that one day you will see the errors in your ways and learn to see past the dogma's that have been put in your mind."
That said Hulgyr looks over at the bar and hollers "Could a thirsty ORC get another one of those fine ales, master Joe?"

doghead

thotd
Ashin Hanasisar, male human merchant.

Ashin nods slightly, evidently satisfied with the outcome of the little exchange.

"So. I believe that there are some questions to address. The task is three fold. Find out what has happened in Duvik, find out what has happened to my people, and find out what has happened to the last delivery of silver."

Ashin slaps his forehead theatrically, then begins rummaging through in his pockets.

"Ah! The map, I forgot to show you the map. Here it is!" [imager]http://www.enworld.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=23808&stc=1[/imager]

Ashin pulls out a roll of parchment and lays it out on the table. Its a copy of a fairly well known map that you may have seen elsewhere. Marked on the map in another hand are Kinthriver and Duvik.

"Right. Here is Orussus. Fallon is here, about 200 miles from Orussus. And Duvik is down here, south east of Fallon, in Stonepike mountains."

Ashin points out the places as he talks.

"The two most straight forward routes would by boat up the river to Kinthriver, then overland to Duvik. Or by road to Fallon, then either overland or by boat to Kinthriver then overland to Duvik. There is a rough trail from Kinthriver to Divik, but no direct trail between Fallon and Duvik.

"From Kinthriver to Duvik is less than 100 miles, but the last third of the journey is through the foothills and lower mountains. I can organise a boat to Kinthriver or a coach to Fallon if you choose to go either of those ways.

"I would not recommend that you go by Fallon for there are too many ears there. But if you choose that way, I would suggest that you get in and out as quickly and quietly as possible."

Ashin falls silent for a moment as he mentally reviews his notes to make sure that he has covered everything.

Attachments

• ashinmap.gif
    ashinmap.gif
    57.1 KB · Views: 247

Remove ads