• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D1: Ashin's Commission (El Jefe judging)

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Yes, let us go by horse."

(OOC: I'll just say one last thing on the mental stats thing and leave it at that--I totally agree that I don't really like playing a low intelligence character, but that's why I pretty-much always point-buy at least a 14 in Intelligence, even for characters whose class doesn't need that kind of Int. I personally find dumping on mental stats with a character whose class doesn't use them all too much and then playing the character as smart anyway, trying to ignore the in-character consequences of dumping on mental stats to be a severe form of min-maxing, but since I'm not the GM here, I won't say anything more after this.)

doghead

thotd
Ashin Hanasisar, male human merchant

"Right then, by horse it is. I'll make some enquiries. How many are in need of a horse and of what type?"

Once he has an idea of how many horses and of what type, Ashin excuses himself and takes his leave. He leaves the map with the party.

"Until morning bell then."

ooc: OK. Over to you. Its a little after mid afternoon, so you have time to buy things if you wish, or hang out and chat, or whatever. When you are ready, post up that you have arrived at the shop.

Std prices for horses are Light Riding (75gp), Heavy Riding (200gp), Light Warhorse (150gp), Heavy Warhorse (400gp). Light horses can cover 48 miles a day, or 32 with more than 151lbs. of load, heavy horses can cover 40 miles a day or 28 with more than 201 lbs. of load.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"We would wager that a simple light riding horse should be enough...We do not expect to be riding into battle, after all, and the extra speed and lower price are both appreciated. Besides, we are not carrying enough to require a heavier horse, and the group can probably distribute weight so that no one needs a heavier one, thus increasign overall speed."

doghead

thotd
ooc: Updated first post, added links to characters.

Erekose13, could you do me a favour and change the color of the text of Eternity's character sheet to something a little darker for the course of the adventure. The pale blue is really hard to read.

ajanders, Michael has 'pending approval' at the top of the character sheet, so technically, is unable to recieve any XP. :(

b4cchus, I think Hulgyr is about 3 lbs into med load, assuming that he is carrying all his wealth as coin.

RA, Zaeryl likewise is about 6 lbs into med load if all his wealth is in coin.

ajanders

Explorer
"Ashin, just a light riding horse for me as well -- I fight better with my feet on the ground. And if you find a noble fiery steed fit for a prince, save it for Ironwolf or Hulgyr."

Michael ponders for a minute.
"We'll need food. Water we have, fodder we can find on the way. What about warm clothes? What's the weather like in the mountains? Are we going to have to climb cliffs?"
He pauses for a moment.
"Where I'm from is very flat. There's one hill in the Big Sky country, and it's maybe 15 feet high. If there's climbing, I'm not going to be much at helping."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Food is useful, but hardly a necessity for us, and perhaps for the other as well. Climbing could be difficult, but we are guessing it is not necessary or else the trade would have been rather difficult, yes?"

Erekose13

Explorer
"A light horse will be great! Thank you again Hulgyr. I don't need food either, though my horse will." says Eternity.

(ooc: will do.)

ajanders

Explorer
Michael goggles at Zaeryl and Eternity.
"You don't eat?"

He reams one finger around in his ear for a moment, certain something just crawled in there and died loudly, because he can't possibly have heard that correctly.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"We are immortal, and we believe that her state is the result of imitation enacted by the people of this era, so that means that she is likely immortal as well, unless that was left out...We may eat if we so choose, or not, as we desire. That goes for drinking as well. Well-cooked food and fine drink still taste good, however, so if the food is good, we are likely to choose to eat."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads