• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D1: Ashin's Commission (El Jefe judging)

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Zaeryl is aso rather uneasy about the fact that the venture will likely cost nearly as much as it makes now, as he is not exactly wealthy either, but it is the price that must be paid for power...*

ajanders

Explorer
Patlin said:
"Yes, any help would be apreciated."
If all the planning is complete for the evening, Ironwolf suggests that the group get a last good night of sleep here at the familliar Red Dragon Inn, and then meet up with Ashin as requested. He seems a bit anxious to start, or possibly just uncomfortable with the idea of spending so much money...

Michael nods at Ironwolf serenely.
"It will all work out, Ironwolf. I've got to pick up a few supplies and see a few people, but I will be in this evening if you need to talk."
He nods genially at everyone, if a trifle coolly to Zaeryl.
"Or if anyone wants to go shopping with me. Otherwise, I'll see you all in the morning."
He starts out the door, humming the tortured remains of a dwarven marching song.

ajanders

Explorer
Patlin said:
"Yes, any help would be apreciated."
If all the planning is complete for the evening, Ironwolf suggests that the group get a last good night of sleep here at the familliar Red Dragon Inn, and then meet up with Ashin as requested. He seems a bit anxious to start, or possibly just uncomfortable with the idea of spending so much money...

Michael nods at Ironwolf serenely.
"It will all work out, Ironwolf. I've got to pick up a few supplies and see a few people, but I will be in this evening if you need to talk."
He nods genially at everyone, if a trifle coolly to Zaeryl.
"Or if anyone wants to go shopping with me. Otherwise, I'll see you all in the morning."
He starts out the door, humming the tortured remains of a dwarven marching song.

[sblock]
Michael's character sheet greatly updated: it's been in my queue to get done. A further update with the rest of his travel gear purchased will come tonight or tomorrow.
[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
(So our upfront money was 100gp. Divided 7 ways thats only 14.28gp each with another 28.56gp coming to each of us at the end of the trip. So Eternity only has 2gp and will need to borrow 65 from Hulgyr. If no other money comes their way over the course of the adventure, then she will have to hang around with the half-orc until she can come up with the last 37 odd gp.)

"If we can't afford horses, perhaps we should look at taking the boat that Mr. Ashin has offered?" asks Eternity, hoping that she is not too much of a burden on the group this early into her adventuring career.

Patlin

Explorer
Erekose13 said:
(So our upfront money was 100gp. Divided 7 ways thats only 14.28gp each with another 28.56gp coming to each of us at the end of the trip. So Eternity only has 2gp and will need to borrow 65 from Hulgyr. If no other money comes their way over the course of the adventure, then she will have to hang around with the half-orc until she can come up with the last 37 odd gp.)

ooc: I don't think it was quite that bad. I think it was 100 gp each, for up to 5. 71.42 gold each? I must admit I wasn't completely clear on the details, but Ashin did seem to think it would cover the horses...

ajanders

Explorer
Patlin said:
ooc: I don't think it was quite that bad. I think it was 100 gp each, for up to 5. 71.42 gold each? I must admit I wasn't completely clear on the details, but Ashin did seem to think it would cover the horses...

ooc: Michael has a good bit of extra gold himself. And if worst comes to worst, we'll get mules. Seriously -- I was checking the mechanics on them last night, and they're pretty competitive with light riding horses, particularly on rough terrain or cross-country trips.
The logistics preoccupation may be a bit much, but a GM I game with just discovered the environmental rules and is using them enthusiastically. Three days of cold weather nearly caused a TPK...

ajanders

Explorer
Shopping with Hulgyr and...

Michael pauses outside to "use the facilities" and comes back wearing a rather spiffy new breastplate. His old scale mail is draped over his arm and he is examining a limp leather object in his hand.

"Y'know, I'd always thought a sap would be pretty straightforward."
He looks rueful and stuffs the thing back into his belt.

"I was going to hit the market first, then swing by Sela's temple. After that, we'll try for transport. Hulgyr, how does that sound to you?"

Remove ads