D1: Ashin's Commission (El Jefe judging)

Erekose13

Explorer
"Wiltkin? Anyone know where Wiltkin's Stables are? I had no reason to look for them when I first arrived in Orussus." says Eternity when everyone is ready to head out to see their new horses.

doghead

thotd
On to the stables.

B4cchus said:
"One for free? Then Hulgyr will take five! More is Better!"

"That is correct. You may take one as a gift from Ashin."

Ashin frowns slightly and glances down at the box. The frown disappears.

"Ah good. Fortunately I have enough."

Ashin takes Hulgyr's coin and tucks it away.

"Right, if we are done here, my clerk will take you to Wiltkin. He is at the southern harbour gate. From there, if you have everything you need, you can head directly to the Fallon Road.

"May Phyrah watch over you, and bring you, my people and my silver back safely."

Ashin sees the party back to the front room. He remains there for a while, framed in the doorway, watching as the small group disappears down the street.

The clerk leads the group south and westwards through the city towards the gate. Beyond the gates lies a number of yards used by animal traders. Its to one of these that the clerk heads. Wiltkin is a lean rake of a man with a easy going manner. He greets you at the entrance to the yard.

"So, you be looking for some mounts. I got me a half dozen riding 'orses and a couple o war'orses.

True enough, in the yard behind him are number of horses.

"I've also a bridle 'n bit an a saddle 'n bags for each of them, courtesy of Master Hanasisar like. They just be plain riding saddles, but if you want a military one, I can do that easy enough. Although there will be a bit 'o a charge, being that they are more expensive and all.

"So, who's up first?"

Wiltkin takes a bit of time with each of the buyers, finding out what they are looking for and if they can ride, and whether they have any experience with horses or animals of any kind. After he has spoken to everyone, he proceeds into the yard where from which he leads a number of horses in turn, calling out the name of the person he has in mind for the animal.

ooc: If your character wants to buy a horse, you may do so here. Prices as per the SRD, less a tenth part. Upgrading to a military saddle will add 10 gp.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Zaeryl will wait to see if there will be anyone else riding a mediumly-encumbered light horse at 40 speed. If everyone else is faster, he will grit it and shell out for the light warhorse. Nobody should buy a heavy horse because the light warhorse is faster and can carry more for a lower price :))

Patlin

Explorer
Ironwolf looks over the prices carefully, making sure he understands what's being offered. The light horses appear to be sold here, with the discount, for 67 gold, 5 silver. A light warhorse would cost 135 gold. Bit and bridle would cost 1 gold, 8 silver. A riding saddle would cost 9 gold. A military saddle is a spectacular bargain at 19 gold.

"That dapple, with the war training you spoke of, and the equipment I've listed, the price you are asking is 155 gold, 8 silver, yes?"

If Ironwolf were to give his pack and javelins to a lighter armored companion, he might even avoid weighing the beast down overmuch, which would certainly help on speed.

Patlin

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: It looks like the normal saddle is actually free and the military saddle costs 10 gold extra on top of the horse)

ooc: So the correct price for medium light warhorse and riding military saddle, with bit and bridle, is 145 gold?

Edit: Yes, that's what I meant! :)
Edit2: Just can't seem to get this one right!

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Patlin said:
ooc: So the correct price for medium warhorse and riding saddle, with bit and bridle, is 145 gold?
(OOC: Yes, I think so--that's 145 with a military saddle: 150 - 15 = 135 + 10 to upgrade to military saddle.)

Remove ads