D1: Ashin's Commission (El Jefe judging)

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc: medium warhorse? I only see light and heavy versions in the SRD

Hulgyr glances as Ironwolf sizes up one of the strong, wartrained horses and starts to smile "Yes! I will ride one of those big, strong ones too!"
"Anybody still need dome of Hulgyr's money to buy one of these?"

ooc: i already calculted for a light warhorse at normal market price (166gp, including saddle etc), so i'll add another 11gp to my gold and upgrade the saddle to military.
Even a heavy warhorse won't stay out of medium load with Hulgyr, so there's no use in going more expensive than a light warhorse.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Hmm...can he give gear to others and get it to light or is that just orc+armour putting it into medium? Well at least then Zaeryl can just get a Light Horse, then. Also, you should give yourself 21 gp back, not 11.)

ajanders

Explorer
Michael arrives

Michael clatters in, and it's immediately obvious where he's been: attempting to buy out the general store and outfitters.
His backpack bulges. Tool handles stick out of his bedroll, which is lashed on top of the pack.
Two equally bulging gunny sacks are lashed togeter and draped over his shoulders to hang in front.

The light horses start edging away, muttering in equine about lumbago and the lack of horse chiropractors outside of Orussus.
Even the light warhorses look a trifle nervous.

Michael looks at everyone...particularly Eternity, with her 20 pounds of gear, and blushes.
"I just wanted to be prepared..."
He shuffles his feet, no small accomplishment given he's packing over half his body weight in stuff, and approaches Wiltkin.

There is a whispered conversation involving Wiltkin batting his forehead several times. Finally, he gives up and explains to Michael that no light warhorse is ever named Buttercup, and it doesn't matter if that was the horse Michael grew up next door to and it especially doesn't matter if it makes Michael feel better.

Then Wiltkin shoves Michael at a stocky purple-corn roan and looks as if he's ready to go back to bed.
(Purple-corn roan found here: http://www.frankhopkins.com/mustangcolor.html

B4cchus

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Hmm...can he give gear to others and get it to light or is that just orc+armour putting it into medium? Well at least then Zaeryl can just get a Light Horse, then. Also, you should give yourself 21 gp back, not 11.)

Hulgyr alone takes a L warhorse into medium load. as for the gold, did you calculate the 10gp extra for the military saddle?

Another thing: is it just me or is the posting frequency in this thread grinding to a complete stop?

Patlin

Explorer
B4cchus said:
Another thing: is it just me or is the posting frequency in this thread grinding to a complete stop?

ooc: I'm still here, but others may be distracted by the winter holidays. :)

Ironwolf asks Ashin if there is anything else he wishes to brief the group on, or if he is ready for them to head out. Turning to the group, he asks if anyone else has anything to do before they leave town.

"Let's move out! We have people to save."

Rystil Arden

First Post
B4cchus said:

Hulgyr alone takes a L warhorse into medium load. as for the gold, did you calculate the 10gp extra for the military saddle?

(OOC: Yup, I included the military saddle price--see above where Doghead told me my calculation was correct ;) Wow, though, he's a heavy orc if he weighs over 300 pounds :D Guess it's all muscle.)

Xael

First Post
"I'm ready to go.", Almayce says.

OOC: Because of equipment, Almayce's light horse is in medium load too. And hey, it's almost christmas, so posting frequency is supposed to take a hit.

Erekose13

Explorer
"I am ready." replies Eternity leading a little horse (dont know horse terminology) that Wiltkin has helped her pick. It is much smaller than some of the other horses that the men in the group are buying, but it suits her small frame well. Its calm and peaceful demeanor also compliments it's rider's outlook.

Remove ads