D1: Ashin's Commission (El Jefe judging)

Erekose13

Explorer
Eternity is getting along great with her new horse, Kailie, but would definitely like a break from all this riding. Without any horses on her island all this is quite new to her.

(ooc: haha! I went a different route with Kailie as Eternity doesnt need a stronger horse. This one is friendlier though a little less wise (+2Cha/-2Wis).

Have we divied up the 240 yet? If so then Eternity only needed to borrow 67.5-32=35.5 gp from Hulgyr.

Stuff on hand: dagger is on her belt. Potions, stones, & silver are in her belt pouch. Waterskin, candles, flint & steel are in backpack in a saddle bag, leather is worn.

Edit: Eternity hangs back towards the orc, grateful to have found a friend in him)

Last edited:

B4cchus

Explorer
Before the group leaves town Hulgyr rides past a weaponsmith to purchase one more item: a longsword.
As they pass the many folks Hulgyr keeps a wary eye on his saddlebags. He knows people don't like Orc's much and he has more than one unpleasent occasion to learn that lesson.
On the road he speaks little, keeping a watchfull eye on the surroundings.
Although he's not showing it much, the lack of horseback experience does put some strain on Hulgyr. He is glad to take the rest at the small town, although he won't admid it.

Hulgyr will guard the rear. He feels at comfort to oversee everything ahead and react to danger should it arise.

ooc: added the longsword and deducted the 15gp. Its not easy to swing a greatsword when you are riding a horse...
When riding, Hulgyr has his longsword at his side, and 2 javelins and his greatsword strapped to his back. His potions are in his beltpouch.
The horse Hulgyr is riding on is a strong one, with +2 strength, but it's also as stubborn as a mule, giving it -2 charisma.

edit: no need to devide the weight: i gave up to try and get my horse into light load. As for the gold: no problem.

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
By the way, interesting tidbit: I happen to know that the characters in my A Teacher for Laynie are using the Fallon road to go to Medibaria and they are also leaving right now and I think may be travelling at the same speed as we are.

Ironwolf will say hello to Vanitri and suggest that they travel together for as long as it may be convenient.

Are we headed toward the Ford?

ajanders

Explorer
Ride a gray horse, a river to cross

Michael rattles down the road, desperately clinging to the reins (or horse's neck) with an anxious expression on his face. Most of his gear has been stuffed into or lashed alongside of his saddlebags, but he has kept his weapons clamped to his belt and his medical kit under his arm.
He rides by the side of the road, near Rosalynn or Ironwolf if possible, and anxiously readies an action to leap off his horse if it tries anything untoward.

The horse looks embarrassed.

(I think we'll just keep the horse's character narrative and not mechanical...though I might reconsider tomorrow...it depends on what else I have to juggle.

ajanders

Explorer
Ride a gray horse, a river to cross

Michael rattles down the road, desperately clinging to the reins (or horse's neck) with an anxious expression on his face. Most of his gear has been stuffed into or lashed alongside of his saddlebags, but he has kept his weapons clamped to his belt and his medical kit under his arm.
He rides by the side of the road, near Rosalynn or Ironwolf if possible, and anxiously readies an action to leap off his horse if it tries anything untoward.

The horse looks embarrassed.

(I think we'll just keep the horse's character narrative and not mechanical...though I might reconsider tomorrow...it depends on what else I have to juggle.)

doghead

thotd
RA: [sblock]
Rystil Arden said:
OOC: You miscalculated the Light Horse costs by 1 GP 75 - 7.5 = 67.5. Also, Zaeryl got a Military Saddle, so he actually spent 77.5.

Will correct. Thanks.

Rystil Arden said:
By the way, interesting tidbit: I happen to know that the characters in my A Teacher for Laynie are using the Fallon road to go to Medibaria and they are also leaving right now and I think may be travelling at the same speed as we are. Not sure if that matters, of course)

Hum. Interesting I'm going to be pretty much offline for the next 7 days or so. You want to do a little thread crossover and let the players who are here over the holidays keep themselves amused. We could have them meet in the tavern, or along the road somewhere.[/size][/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Doghead](OOC: Actually, they switched at the last minute and bought another horse, so now the other group is going at speed 60 and this group can't keep up with that :heh: [/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Vanitri (Bront's gypsy character) waves to all of the people in this group as he passes them in his unencumbered light warhorse with a katara and little girl on an encumbered riding dog that is keeping up a very fast pace to stay in line with Vanitri's light warhorse.*

ajanders

Explorer
Michael waves at Vanitri, letting go of the reins with one hand.
A moment later he finds out this is a bad idea: the horse skips a beat and Michael goes sideways.
Fortunately, a large bush breaks his fall. The horse waits nearby, snickering quietly to itself.

Michael crawls out of the bush, looks at the horse, and reminds it "Steak tartare."
The horse remains still as Michael mounts, either sporting enough to give him another chance or intimidated.

doghead

thotd
Due to a database crash, 5 months of posts have been lost. The following is a short summary of events.

After leaving Orussus, the party of six headed east along the Orussus-Fenton road. Just outside of Fenton, with the town no more than a mile away, they ran into a group of four young nobles. The nobles were arrogant and provocative, but the adventurers, with urging from the Cleric of Sela, kept their cool and trouble wsa avoided.

The sergeant of the watch, a squad of whom had rushed out upon seeing the adventurers and noble exchanging words, suggested a farm just a outside the town. The suggestion was taken up.

The next day the group headed south down the Fenton-Lithrin road, reaching the River Roars and the Guardia bridge as darkness approached. After camping on at a sight beside the bridge, they continued their journey the next day. The Grellgo was crossed via the Bainlunder Ford, and the trek east across the Bainlunder Hills began.

That evening, while searching for a place to camp, the party spotted a fire. Upon investigating it, they came upon an ogre. They attacked and, after a fairly tough fight, eventually killed the ogre. Through a small gap in the rocks, they found a cave, and from the cave they heard a call for help. Investigating once more, for they like most adventurers were curious people, they found a door and behind that a man.

The man was Tomas, a Bainlunder shepherd. He had been captured by the ogre and locked behind the door. He offered the hospitality of Bainlunder Lodge, and the party accepted. Hot food and a warm bed always beats hard ground and a damp blanket.

At the lodge offence was unintentionally given, and hot words exchanged. The offer of hospitality was withdrawn and the party left the lodge. Outside however, one of the younger sons of the lodge pointed out a barn, unused at that time of year, where they could stay warm and dry for the night.

The next morning, Tomas took the adventurers back to the ogre's cave. For after rescuing the young shepherd, he had told them of the monstrous dark things that he had encountered deeper inside the cave, behind the door. Again curious, they had decide to investigate and the shepherd had promised to guide them back the next day.

Down a narrow passage they went until they came upon a large chamber. There they were attacked by four skeletons. The warriors dispatched the skeletons with ease after the Cleric of G. left the skeletons cowering in the corner. Using clever magic, the party discovered a secret door, and the mechanism to open it.

The party continued into the next room. A crystal ball hung in the center of the room, illuminating it with a clear white light. On the west wall there was a locked iron door. To the east was a passage way with numerous alcoves leading off it. There the adventurers were attcked by four zombies. Once again, the Cleric of G. sent them scurrying to the far corners of the passage and alcoves, where the warriors dispatched them easily.

After busting open the locked door, the party found a short passage way leading to a set of stairs going down. While decending the stairs, one of their number was attacked from the shadows by a shadow. Then it fled intothe walls, only to reappear at the bottom of the stairs and attack again before once more dissappearing.

Last edited:

Remove ads