• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D1: Ashin's Commission (El Jefe judging)

ajanders

Explorer
"Actually," Michael replies, "I think we need to bait it."

He stomps ringingly towards the wall, pulling up five feet away from it.

"HARK!!!" he bellows.
"AS A CLERIC, I WILL DEFEAT THE EVIL THING WITH THE POWER OF MY GODDESS!!! I WILL PROTECT MY REAR WITH THIS WALL AND DESTROY THE THING WHEN IT APPEARS BEFORE ME!!!"

He stomps around in a half circle until he faces the center of the room, then attempts to indicate to Zaeryl and Eternity that they should ready attacks against anything popping up behind him with motions of his eyebrows and hand gestures. It's a lot to communicate that way, but they're pretty smart and he hopes they'll work it out.

After that, he stands very still, hammer ready to aid another in hitting things.
I hope it's smart enough to think I'm stupid, but not smart enough to realize nobody would be that stupid.

doghead

thotd
--- ROUND 5 ---

Eternity glances nervously around the darken passageway looking for the shadow. She holds the flask of holy water in hand.

Ironwolf continues to move around, always keeping his great-sword up. In the confined, and shared, space of the passage way, there is not a lot of room to move. The constant movement of the necklace of light means the shadows cast by his companions lurch and shudder across the walls.

Eternity spots a shadow in the shadows, a dark form sliding along the wall, lurking in the lurching shadows cast by her companions. Barely an arms length from Zaeryl. With a sweep of her arm she makes to spray the area with holy water. But she loses her grip on the flask and it flies over her companions' heads, bounces off the wall and clatters to a stop on the stairs spilling its contents harmlessly on the floor.

The shadow fades back into the wall.

Michael is about to begin baiting the shadow when he his flask of holy water flies past his head. The cleric of Sela spins around vainly trying to determin the reason for this.

Almayce likewise furiously searches the walls for some sign of the shadow. But shadows dance and play across the walls all over the place, but the cleric is unable to find the shadow he seeks.

Hulgyr spots a shadow he knows in his guts is no play of light on the wall. But the thing disappears into the wall before he can launch his attack. The orc curses the thing, and readies himself to hack and stab and chop and slash the next time it appears.

Zaeryl likewise sees the phantom menace. It almost close enough to reach out and touch. But like Hulgyr, he is too late to do anything. Frustrated, he readied himself to launch his Crystal shard attack the next time he sees his quarry.

- OOC -
Almayce: Cast Spiritual Weapon readied.
Eternity: Throw holy water readied. Readied action used. Rolled a 1.
Eternity, Hulgyr and Zaeryl: made the spot checks to see the shadow.
Hulgyr: Attack with sword readied.
Ironwolf: Force Screen active (+4 AC), 29 rounds remaining. Total defence.
Zaeryl: Force Screen active (+4 AC), 19 rounds remaining. Manifest Crystal Shard readied.

Code:
Map

***\  /***
----[]----
****EI****
****MA****
****HZ****
^***^^****
*^^^******

^^ Stairs up; -- 5 foot wide passageway; [] pit trap (sprung).
There is roughly 15 feet of passage way between the stairs and the pit trap, and another 20 feet of passage way beyond the pit trap. Beyond that is a circular room.

Erekose13

Explorer
"I saw the shadow I really did. It was hiding in your shadow Zaeryl. Sorry I missed with the holy water, but I think we need more light. That room with the light up above might help us." says Eternity. In the mean time she will manifest force screen to help ward off the shadow as best she can now that she has no more weapons to use against it.

B4cchus

Explorer
"Yes, I saw it too! Maybe we better move onward caus this aint a good place to fight it."

Hulgyr stays vigilant to strike the shadow, should it come within striking distance he will take a poke at it.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Originally before the wipe, Zaeryl's plan was to move rather than ready if he missed his chance, but there isn't much space here. Nonetheless, he doesn't want to stay in place. A 5 foot long jump is DC 5, so we will probably hopefully not have anyone fall in if we want to go to the circle room (especially since it is impossible to not at least get a Reflex save unless you have a Str penalty like the drained people :())

ajanders

Explorer
???

Michael gapes for a moment.
He can't remember if he has any spells.
His memories of the adventure are somehow hazy and missing.
His really big vial of holy water...the triple-size XXXL one...just flew by his head.
There's a pit trap in front of him. How'd he miss that?
All things considered, a tactical retreat seems in order for a bit.
I could have sworn I memorized magic stone and magic weapon...

"Hulgyr, it looks like there's a pit trap in front of us. I think going back is a better option."
While the party decides what to do, Michael cocks his shield a little higher and waits to try and spook the thing towards Zaeryl.

(OOC...The post with my spells appears to be gone. I think I have Magic Stone and Magic Weapon remaining, if that's acceptable to our GM. Michael will fight defensively and ready an aid another action to give Zaeryl a +2 to hit. Hopefully he'll fire at the shadow.)

doghead

thotd
ooc: The pit trap is 5x5 feet, and has been sprung. It occupies a cross road junction of two passages.

ajanders: I have no idea what spells Michael has. I'm happy to go with whatever you recollect.

Erekose13

Explorer
Eternity looks to Ironwolf and says, "I'm guessing that we try to make the jump. After you." she looks around nervously, trying to see shadows within shadows.

Remove ads