d20 Call of Cthulhu - Sadly, *no longer* looking for players

The Crimster

First Post
The stars are right, the End Times are here. Do you have the backbone to put your life - perhaps your very sanity - on the line? The foes of humanity are hidden and many; some crawl amongst the rotting tenements of the inner cities, others hold positions of power and secretly plan for the downfall of their fellow man.

I'm starting up a d20 Call of Cthulhu game here on the In-Character board. I need 4-5 players, and they must be familiar with the... shall we say... 'flavor' of the Cthulhu mythos. This game will be set in the present day.

Post here if you're interested!

The Crimster

Last edited:

Sen Udo-Mal

First Post
D'oh I am not getting the book for almost 2 weeks yet :(
Oh well I will love to read this at least...

Opps I was going to post as Karl Green but oh well

Anabstercorian

First Post
The Illithid desire to join this pass time.

Or at least one of their Thrall does. Can I play? Without the joy that Edena gave me I'll go in to fun-withdrawl without some cthulu mythos goodness!

Spoof

First Post
I would play but I have never played before or read any of the books/Manual or anything. So I will be more than intrested in reading as it goes. And watch oput for ANab he is one smart cookie, if a little special :D

The Crimster

First Post
To be honest Spoof, if you don't mind me taking the rough concept of what you want, and writing up the mechanics, I'm fine with that.

As a matter of fact, now that I'm thinking about it - I don't think that knowing a great deal of Cthulhu is so important. It may even hurt you, heh.

So actually it boils down to this. I need players who:

... can make a post maybe every couple of days;
... enjoy dark and byzantine tales of evil;
... can roleplay.

The last is of course the most important! =)

So Anabstercorian, Sen/Karl, Spoof - you're in if you wish. Those without books will do ok - just give me a rough concept of your character, I'll write it up, and you can modify it when you actually get the book (within reason).

Once I get the requisite number of players, I'll post further details.

It'll be a scream.

The Crimster

The Crimster

First Post
Hmmm. Now that I think about it, there are some so-called 'Iconic' characters in the CoC book. Perhaps we could use those - this would cut down on the need for books at the get go.

Thoughts?

The Crimster

Karl Green

First Post
What time period? ... I might think about a burnt out detective based on Bruce Willis's character from The Last Boy Scout by the name David Barnet :)

Kristof

First Post
*Kristof sets a dusty old tome down and scratches his chin thoughtfuly*

I suppose. The fate of mankind should be guided by one of reason and logic... So, I guess I have no choice.

Kristof

First Post
For the record...

My studies have found there are four CoC Iconics.

Myself, Claire, Marie, and Sam.

Marie seems to be a kinda undercover down-to-earth type person, probably used to dealing with the underside of cities and so forth. I _THINK_ this is her:

http://www.wizards.com/cthulhu/images/gallery/1_x23a/Coc_5.jpg

I havn't found much out about Sam and Claire, but I believe these to be their pictures:

http://www.wizards.com/cthulhu/images/gallery/1_x23a/Coc_6.jpg

Sam being the person leaning out of the window and Claire being one of the two people ducking behind the back seats. (The other being myself, wisely staying out of the line of fire)

Last edited:

Remove ads