d20 Call of Cthulhu - Sadly, *no longer* looking for players

The Crimster

First Post
Re: Question

Anabstercorian said:
I was wondering - Crimster, could you check in this post? I have some concepts in there under potential rules ideas for Call of Cthulu.

Here's the URL:
http://www.enworld.org/messageboards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8764

A couple of certainly interesting feats there, Anab.

* Jaded - Yes, I think a couple of sanity-related feats would be a good idea, and I'm surprised they didn't include any that I saw. I think this could be balanced without having to have lost sanity multiplied by 1.5, though.

* Ways Both Flows Time Flows Both Ways - Interesting title, heh. Certainly powerful... Obviously meant for an NPC. How does this stack (as far as requirements go) against other similiar feats?

* Optional Rules - This is really interesting. I hate that you have to spend a whole feat to learn how to swing a bat?!? But I digress. I *do* like this idea - but I wonder about balance and such. Now you would be cutting into the skill points for offense-minded folks, who might want to know a few weapons. I dunno, this really changes a lot.

Anywho, I do like these feats. For this game, I'm going to be using the d20 CoC book as written - no houserules or adjustments. I want to give it a sound playtesting before I begin to muck around with it. But... maybe if we all survive the coming nightmare... Perhaps then!

:D

The Crimster

Last edited:

The Crimster

First Post
Ok, here is my list of people that are interested in playing:

1. Karl Green/Sen Udo-Mal
2. Anabstercorian
3. Spoof
4. Kristof
5. Isida Kep-Tukari

6. Tokiwong
7. Black Omega
8. Valkys

The maximum that I want to use at this time is 5, I think. Anymore, and it may get confusing or diffused. So that means Tokiwong, Black Omega, and Valkys - do you mind being on stand-by? You never know when someone might pull out just before we start, or perhaps give up after losing their favorite character to some shambling horror. So don't lose heart!

Ok, now for the top 5. Later today, I will be posting specifics on the characters (as far as character generation and such). Please don't post your character just yet (sorry Anab) - I want to make sure we all know what we're getting into here (cue dirge-like music). If you do not have the book, you can simply say, "Iconic" and I will give you one of the Iconic characters in the back of the d20 CoC book. The background and personality will be up to you, of course.

Please - if you're one of the top 5, but you're not entirely sure that you'll be able to post on a timely basis - perhaps you should just be a reader. I'd *like* to keep this moving fast (doesn't everyone who runs one of these say that?). And if you disappear from the boards for a week or so... Who's to say what condition your alter-ego might be in when you get back?

If you have specific questions that you'd rather not put on the board, feel free to email me. I'll be putting my email address in my profile (if it isn't there already).

See you later today...

The Crimster

Last edited:

Anabstercorian

First Post
Just out of curiosity...

Could I define ahead of time what sort of temporary and indefinite insanities my character is most likely to develop, or is that the job of the Keeper?

Spoof

First Post
Humm sounds interesting, so sure I will give it a try. I see I will have to stop by the library to read some of lovecrafts books. I will wait for teh character generation info and either post a character or get an Iconic :D

The Crimster

First Post
Re: Just out of curiosity...

Anabstercorian said:
Could I define ahead of time what sort of temporary and indefinite insanities my character is most likely to develop, or is that the job of the Keeper?

Most of the time, insanity is context-driven. Meaning, if you go insane from seeing a dhole (a large, worm-like thing) burst up out of the ground, perhaps you might fear walking on grass or dirt. "They're might be those things under there! Watch where you're stepping!"

But other times when you can become unhinged, whatever psychological weakness you had before may become far more pronounced.

Tell you what - when it comes time for your background stories, weave your 'weakness' in there. Don't make it *obvious*, please. Suggest. Be subtle. =)

When it actually comes time in the game for someone to go insane (you know *someone* will, it's the nature of the beast) - I intend upon telling the person in private email.

I will not post, "Kristof, you're now homicidal. Please act accordingly." That's boring, and you guys would expect Kristof to behave erratically. No no no! It is far more fun to watch the other players begin to look at someone acting oddly, and wonder, What is wrong with him?? Why is he staring at me so intensely??"

Please hold off on the character stats/backgrounds until later. I will soon be posting information on this, and then we'll be opening a thread on Rogue's Gallery for the characters. Looking forward to this!

The Crimster

The Crimster

First Post
Re: Might as well

Anabstercorian said:
I definately will. I'm setting up my first character to be a recurring villain anyway!

Ahhh, the problem is that it's tough to be 'recurring' when you're being digested by a Shoggoth!

Ahem.

=)

Remove ads