[d20 Future] 22nd Century: Solar Odyssey to Hell. [The game]

Caine Freerover

First Post
Vincent Collins said:

For my part, I would like to continue to examine the Church's activities here on the station and perhaps have some other people look into the work of Dr. Mopta and see if any connections can be made in a more solid sense.

Dr. Mopta seemed very uncomfortable talking about his research, and I don't think I can get any more information out of him without arousing suspicion. His research in the public archive hadn't advanced very far; we might be able to find out more by finding out where he lived and who he worked with on Mars, but not here.

But what we need right now more than anything is motive. Why would any given person or organization risk stealing the antimatter bombs? Let’s find out if the church professes some apocalyptic end to the known universe, or whether any of the current corporations have terrorist ties. If our investigations here do not pan out, then we should consider Mars as the next place to begin searching."

This is an important point as well. We haven't investigated the fourth suspicious entity on the station at all, the one with possible ties to military operations on Earth.

Caine Freerover

First Post
This thread needs a swift kick in the hindquarters!

It seems like going to the hospital to check out Balmers is a good idea, but we need to do some research first.

Computer Use result: 21
Research result: 24
(can I add a +2 synergy bonus for profession: doctor?)

Caine is trying to find out when he entered the hospital and what is wrong with him.

Jay Purr

First Post
Caine Freerover said:
This thread needs a swift kick in the hindquarters!

OOC: Possibly Turanil is still having 'Net problems?

Jay is ready to go back to the CotSR and wants to know if anyone else in the party would like to go along? Vincent suggested Liam, but the more the merrier, possibly... Jay plans to petition the priests to let him join <offering a "donation" of course {8->, and other party members could be there to check out the church, or even to try to "talk Jay out of this insanity." Note that the latter role does not, presumably, require much of a Bluff check (though that's up to Turanil, of course) since the other character(s) would probably be completely honest when describing the Church's teachings as hogwash!

Last edited:

Jay Purr said:
Note that the latter role does not, presumably, require much of a Bluff check (though that's up to Turanil, of course) since the other character(s) would probably be completely honest when describing the Church's teachings as hogwash!

I'm up for that! :D

Jay Purr

First Post
Liam Forbes said:
While I am happy to do anything at this point. Is noone else concerned about the bombs? I didn't even get a responce to my point

OOC: I think we are a bit hampered by Turanil's lack of net access. Hopefully he can flush the gremlins out of his modem soon!

Jay notes, "Having analyzed our options previously, we seem to have several threads to investigate. There are further researches to be conducted on Ashira_29 (CotSR, Talens Industries), Balmers in the hospital, and possibly connections on Mars. Also, proceeding to Jupiter to scan for the bombs is a good idea, though by the time we get there, they could well have been moved. Still, if we see any sign of the ship Pilgrim along the way, it is a primary candidate for a bit of forceful research itself."

"So," Jay continues, "Have we reached the point where we should break up into subteams? There is a higher risk that a small subteam will be unable to achieve its objective, but time is critical."

Turning to Tobermory and Collins Jay asks, "Do we have the necessary funds available to provide for long-range transportation and communication for extended missions away from Terarion?"

Turanil

First Post
Caine Freerover said:
Computer Use result: 21
Research result: 24
(can I add a +2 synergy bonus for profession: doctor?)

Caine is trying to find out when he entered the hospital and what is wrong with him.
Excellent results! Here is what you discover: Balmers entered the hospital... (guess what!) upon coming back from his trip to Mars with the former leader of the Church of the Scientific Revelations! It appears that Balmers' health condition seems to be hopeless. In fact nobody knows what happened exactly (the CotSR's leader also pretended to not know). Balmers could not be asked since he has gone insane, and now alternates between coma and incomprehensible hallucinations. His body was also burned from the inside in many places, including some parts of his brain (mainly the cortex, so he cannot anymore have a coherent behavior).

Jay Purr said:
Jay is ready to return to the CotSR and join the congregation.
Jay Purr and Christopher Lambert go back to Ashira_29, and into the Church of the Scientific Revelations' temple. They are much welcome, especially after the donation (1500$) that they give to the cult. You meet with the subpriests who explain many aspects of their religion; but it appears that the cult's new leader prefers to be left alone. He seems to be pretentious and unpleasantly condescending toward everyone else. The CotSR's dogma doesn't include an end to the Universe. However, the priests tell you that the Church has "entered a new era". The former CotSR's leader will make contact with the "Procreators" and convince them to get back to Earth. That is: the "original human seeds" have now reached a level (of evolution) where these "Angels" can come back and reveal their galactic status and other nonsense...

[OOC: Sorry guys for my very long absence. First of all: two weeks without Internet access, then a few days heavy with real life burdens. This should be better right now, though this week, RL work will take much, if not all, of my time. Thanks.]

Last edited:

Liam Forbes said:
If approved, Liam would like the same modification.

"I would say the recovery of the bombs is paramount. If we discover who stole them. Only for them to use them, what have we accomplished?"

There is that difficulty of finding them however, and Balmers may die in the meantime. IMO if we can discover the reason why they stole the bombs, we can discover their final destination.

Turanil said:
His body was also burned from the inside in many places, including some parts of his brain (mainly the cortex, so he cannot anymore have a coherent behavior).

Very interesting, especially the way it targets the central nervous system. I'd love to take a look at his neurology and DNA.

The former CotSR's leader will make contact with the "Procreators" and convince them to get back to Earth. That is: the "original human seeds" have now reached a level (of evolution) where these "Angels" can come back and reveal their galactic status and other nonsense...

Speaking to Jay Purr where the cultists can't hear them... It could be a coded explanation for a plot to conquer Earth. The talk of evolution could refer to mutants...

Caine Freerover

First Post
Christopher Lambert said:
Very interesting, especially the way it targets the central nervous system. I'd love to take a look at his neurology and DNA.

I would too, but it would take some pretty fancy espionage to get the permission to perform an invasive examination! I'm starting to think that our next logical step is to get to Mars and try to figure out the common point between all these people. It's clear that the masterminds have a lot of fingers on this station, but I don't think they're here--I think we'll pick up their trail on Mars.

Last edited:

Remove ads