[d20 Future] 22nd Century: Solar Odyssey to Hell. [The game]

Turanil

First Post
Jay and Brendan are so careful in their electronic searching on the infosphere [Computer Use check of 24+2 = 26], that nobody will ever know they had an interest in the Pilgrim and got info about it...

Joining their efforts in the search [Search check of 18+2 = 20], they discover some interesting things about the ship:

- The ship was indeed refitted for a long trip in deep space, with a nanostasis tank (for the unique passenger) and energy supplies for a very long journey. Nonetheless, it appears that the Pilgrim would need dozens of years to reach the nearest star, and that it could break apart before the end of the trip. Furthermore, if you take into account that the ship would have to come back, it doesn't have enough energy supplies to reach the nearest star AND come back. Add to this that the nearest star doesn't have planets that could possibly harbor life, and you see how foolish and suicidal the journey is. However, you don't see anything wrong with the Pilgrim's maintenance and upgrade history.

- On the other hand, you learn that the Church of Scientific Revelations bought the ship from... Shemezgan & Balmers! (Unfortunately you didn't learn more about that.)

Kecia Tavernier

First Post
Once Jay gave the signal, Kecia waited until no-one was looking before she slipped the bug out of her pocket and placed it somewhere where no-one was likely to spot it by casual observation.

Turanil

First Post
So, everyone goes back to the shuttle, then the Telarion.

You have got some information, and now is time to discuss your next moves.

Kecia Tavernier said:
Once Jay gave the signal, Kecia waited until no-one was looking before she slipped the bug out of her pocket and placed it somewhere where no-one was likely to spot it by casual observation.

Back on the Telarion...

Kecia, how do we get information back from that bug? If it's there a long time, they'll find it, and I guess the same thing happens if it transmits to us.

Jay Purr

First Post
Question for HAR-Vee

HAR-Vee,

Can you modify one of the space suit 0-g maneuver units so that it will work with my Medium Combat Armor?

Thanks
J. Purr

Brendan Radley

First Post
"So how involved is Shemezgan & Balmers in all the other businesses on Ashira? If they're as central as they're beginning to look we may find what we want to know through them. Not that they'd willingly part with any of the information we want," Brendan says.

Vincent Collins

First Post
Vincent calls the remaining crew to the conference table in the meeting center of the Telarion, lights one of his pungent cigarettes and muses, responding to Brendan's suggestion, "It seems to me that Shemezgan and Balmers have their fingers in many pies here on Ashira, but from Mr. Shemezgan's reactions to my inquiries, I'd say he is motivated by simple greed, and knows little about the use to which his acquisitions are put. Balmers is a shell, most likely a shadow with absolutely no readable emotional content." Vincent looks intently around the room as though he perhaps is probing each assembled individuals very thoughts as he speaks, which of course he is not. He takes another long drag and continues, "All the same, any of the information from the bug, which I assume is operating on an encoded transmitter may be useful for us. I suggest we transmit the information to a beacon that resides physically somewhere other than the Telarion and pick it up at a later date. I would also like someone with expertise in computer database security to access covertly the Shemezgan and Balmers files and get details on what they got for who on this station. I'll leave delegation of these tasks up to the Major, as I am not intimately familiar with everyone's specialties in this regard. Mr. Purr has been kind enough to assemble a small file on the ships database on the fact we have gathered so far, I suggest we continue to add to it."

Jay Purr

First Post
Vincent Collins said:
I would also like someone with expertise in computer database security to access covertly the Shemezgan and Balmers files and get details on what they got for who on this station.

Jay is happy to oblige. He will take precautions to avoid detection, even if this means that his chance of acquiring useful information is reduced.

Caine Freerover

First Post
"I'm torn as to what we should do next.

"I think that tracking the Pilgrim will probably give us some high-quality evidence against the companies that we already think are involved, and also has the potential to recover clues that can let us trace the plot back to its source. On the other hand, a round trip to Jupiter will be rather time-consuming.

"I think that going to Mars might also let us find the source of the plot, but our leads there are very tenuous and I'm not sure we're capable of the kind of detailed investigation that would be required. On the other hand, it's nearby.

"Another option is to attempt a break-in on one of the organizations on the station and access their records directly. This will probably get us booted off the station and tip our hand, however."

Remove ads