[d20 Future] 22nd Century: Solar Odyssey to Hell. [The game]

Turanil

First Post
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Henwalis wishes you good luck, and all of you leave his office.

A moment later you are in a meeting room, and can privately discuss various matters regarding your next course of action.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[OOC: I need now to create the map and write the descriptive text of the Telarion, your starship. That should take a day or two.]

Last edited:

HAR-Vee

First Post
"Who's in charge of this mission? The Captain commands the ship, but is he also the Mission Chief? My first duty is the Ship, my second is to appropriately outfit the crew. Lastly I can perform duties as requested. I am equipped for combat, but I'm not a battle droid."

"I'm compiling a list of existing gear and soon I'll be making suggestions for equipment modification. If there is something any of you are lacking, I can work with a general request and provide a quote."

"What will be the procedure for obtaining special gear? Does the ship have an account? or is there a corporate account?"

Brendan Radley

First Post
"I'll be bringing along a fair bit of my own equipment, but I've got a few requests about the gear available to us if it's within your ability to modifiy it," Brendan notes, "No biggie if what I want's a no-go though."

Brendan is currently dressed in a suit of non-descript fatigues.

"So where do you hail from?" he asks Kecia, curious about the other military-type person on the mission.

Turanil

First Post
All the gear and equipment provided has been "secretely" boarded on the spaceship (including a starfighter). The fact is, that officially the "corporate account" just mentions life support (food, etc.) and space suits. Official records (that some possible investigations could get access to, including customs) absolutely don't mention any weaponry and starfighter in this spaceship. Ditto for the missiles, laser cannons, etc. that are mounted on the Telarion, and that are not supposed to be there.

Anyway, HAR-Vee already requested spare parts of all sorts, and they were accepted. He could probably ask for other pieces of equipment the same way. He'll see if these are accepted or not. In fact, HAR-Vee suspects that more weapons and armors will probably not be provided (except for a few grenades and explosives), but other things could be asked. Of course, these are provided by the SIA and will be delivered by a discreet shuttle later, before the spaceship leaves.

Kecia Tavernier

First Post
"United States Marine Corps, genemod division" Kecia said to Brendan. Her muscles, while not overly developed, had a certain strength to them that only genetic engineering could achieve. "I'm on loan to the SIA for the duration of this assignment. I'm certified in explosives and stealth operations. I'm bringing a lot of my equipment as well. "

John Tobermory

First Post
"Given the mission at hand I will command all shipboard and combat operations. Mr. Collins will command intelligence gathering and analysis. Mission objectives will be set on a joint decision.

HAR-V once we're aboard I want all our gear checked. I'm more concerned that everything be reliable than have the latest features and add-ons. Also check our probes and confirm that they're operation ready.

Mr. Freerover the medical bay will be your territory. I would like you to draw up a schedule of physicals for the crew. Best to make sure we all check out too.

Mr. Purr, I want you on the flight deck familiarizing yourself with the fighter and the shuttle.

Forbes, once we're on board get down to engineering and bring the drives up to standby. Also schedule diagnostics for all the ships systems. Start with the critical ones and work your way down. Be sure to confer with the ship heuristic and get used to working with it.

Tavernier and Radley you have the armory. Make sure all our ordinance is secured. Also take as much time as you need to familiarize yourself with the ship layout. Crawl down every nook and access tunnel. Tavernier I want you to assess the crew's combat capabilities. Radley prepare boarding drills once we're underway and schedule some time for the three of us. I want us able to function like well-oiled marines if it hits the fan out there.

Lambert and Hart, I'm going to assume that the ship has some lab space. Organize what you have and work with HAR-V if you need anything else. Beyond that I believe you'll work more closely with Mr. Collins on this operation so I'll let him direct your day to day schedule.

As you've noticed I've dropped everyone's ranks. This is a covert operation so leave your uniforms at home.

Any questions?"

Last edited:

Liam Forbes

First Post
I doubt, anyone has heard of Liam. As the GM indicated he is just a spacehand.
The only thing is within the SIA he might be known for Jury riging in emergancy situations. Something along the line of Apollo 13. But I doubt such things would reach the headlines in the 22nd century. As for scientist he probably has heard them by reputation, if only through the tech journals. Now the one it seems might be famous is Har- Vee. A bot that blows up everything he touches? Of course overloads do happen. :)

HAR-Vee

First Post
New Equipment Requisition list:
5 pairs Display Glasses
500' Duracable
3 Grappler tags
3 HackCards
3 HUD's
10 Nanobeacons
1 Portable Environment Generator
5 Spray LCD's
5 Aquaconverters
3 Comp Cards
2 pairs Display Contacts
2 Fusion Torches
1 Sensor, Chemicomp
1 Sensor, Geocomp
1 Shepard's Chip

Liam Forbes

First Post
Any chance of getting a gauntlet that combines the functions of a sensor geocomp, sensor chemocomp, sensor armacomp, sensor democomp, sensor electricomp, sensor mechanicomp? Other than these I would be interested in a mesh vest, deluxe mechanical and electrical kits. Oh and what is needed to use the space suit?

HAR-Vee

First Post
"Gauntlets would not be adequate. I could integrate each of those devices in to a light suit. It would be a prototype. It would also be expensive and take roughly 7 days to construct. It would be stable. However, it would take a while to work the kinks out.

If you were willing to sacrifice half of these functions I could built it in an hour. It would be highly unstable however. I could even work it into a powered suit. But if I worked on it several days I could make it non-hazardous.

Purchase DC 34
Roughly 14 checks so roughly 14 "bugs/features"

At certain times during each game, when you roll a 1, whenever anyone attacking you scores a critical threat or whenever the GM wants to be fiendish (this latter can happen no more than once per game, however-the GM doesn’t get to be fiendish every round of a critical combat- sorry guys!), he will activate a prototype modifier, giving you a –1d6 modifier to one aspect of your device, such as to hit, damage, defense, movement, etc. until the bug is worked out. Think of prototype modifiers as anti-action points.

Last edited:

Remove ads