• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

d20 Future: Alexa's Avengers

Mithran

First Post
That's what I figured. I was already planning on a large mecha with whatever the stealth system is called. Anyway I'll try and get a character done as soon as possible.

kingpaul

First Post
Llewellyn "Llew" Jacoby was born on the backwater planet Kriskar. A small colony that had high hopes because of the transuranics that were discovered there. Always fascinated by the doctor's office growing up, he apprenticed himself to the local practice after much badgering of his parents and Dr. Ralph Morrison. Llew joined the practice as a full doctor on his 22nd birthday. When he was 26, the Bloody Blades, a rogue merc group, decimated most of the colony and stole the survivors for slaves and the transuranics for profit. Alexa was called in to 'deal' with this group once and for all. After several brutal encounters, the Blades were defeated. Llew was one of the survivors found in the slave-hold. Now adrift, with no family and home, he has attached himself to Alexa with devotion approaching fanaticism.

OOC: What level are we starting at again?

edit nm, found the starting level.

Azaar

Explorer
Finally, it is done. At least, I think I'm done with it all. If I've left anything out, Falkus, let me know and I'll try to fix it to the best of my ability. So, allow me to introduce to you...

Austin Summers (aka, Proteus)

[sblock]Human Smart 2/Fast 2/Charismatic 2/Infiltrator 1/Bionic Agent 3: Medium-size humanoid; HD 2d6+8 plus 2d8+8 plus 2d6+8 plus 1d8+4 plus 3d10+12 plus 3; hp 104 (rolled here: http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=319087); Mas 18; Init +6; Spd 35 ft.; Defense 29 (33 ranged) (+9 class, +6 Dex, +4 silent suit, +4 (ranged only) projectile deflector); BAB +5; Grap +7; Atk +7 melee (1d4+2, knife) or +10 melee (2d6+2, +3 mastercraft high-frequency sword) or +15 ranged (2d10+special/special, +3 mastercraft concussion rifle with integrated miniaturized tangler gun) or +15 ranged (2d10, +3 mastercraft plasma pistol); FS 5 ft. by 5 ft.; Reach 5ft.; AL CG; SV Fort +9, Ref +15, Will +7; AP 79; Rep +5; Str 14 (+6 cybernetics), Dex 22 (+6 cybernetics), Con 18 (+6 cybernetics), Int 16, Wis 14, Cha 14.

Occupation: Heir (competence bonus: Knowledge (history), Sense Motive).

Skills: Bluff +12 (+14 fast-talk or impersonating another voice; +16 if both), Climb +9, Computer Use +14, Diplomacy +8 (+10 fast-talk), Disguise +12 (+32 identity mask nanocolony), Hide +15 (+21 silent suit), Investigate +12, Knowledge (behavioral sciences) +12, Knowledge (business) +9, Knowledge (earth and life sciences) +10, Knowledge (history) +11, Knowledge (physical sciences) +10, Knowledge (streetwise) +10, Knowledge (technology) +12, Listen +10, Move Silently +15 (+25 silent suit), Profession +17, Read/Write Alliance Standard, Read/Write Vrusk, Research +12, Search +12 (+18 circumstantial -- microscopic implant), Sense Motive +16, Speak Alliance Standard, Speak Vrusk, Spot +10 (+12 HUD; +14 sweep; +16 both), Swim +7.

Feats: Armor Proficiency (light), Armor Proficiency (medium), Cyborg (x2), Educated (Knowledge (behavioral sciences), Knowledge (technology)), Iron Will, Personal Firearms Proficiency, Simple Weapons Proficiency, Toughness, Windfall.

Possessions: Aquaconverter (miniaturized), concussion rifle (with integrated and miniaturized tangler gun), cybernetic implants (see below for further details), explorer outfit (several), GalPos device, grappling tether, gravitic grenades (x6), identity chip, identity mask nanocolony, knife, motion sensor, nanite translator (experimental -- miniaturized), nanobeacons (x12), piercing visor, plasma pistol (+3 mastercraft), power pack (x5), projectile deflector, silent suit (+3 mastercraft with chameleonic surface and environment seal), tangler ammunition (100 rounds), various other gear and personal possessions.

Miscellaneous Information

Talents: Smart -- Savant (Computer Use); Fast -- Increased Speed; Charismatic -- Fast-Talk

Current Wealth: 26 (originally 38 -- 12 + 13 ranks Profession + 3 (windfall) + 6 wealth bonus (background) + 4 wealth bonus (+1 reputation bonus sacrificed from background for +1d6 wealth -- rolled here: http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=317910)

Cybernetic Implants: all implants inobvious and sensor-baffled -- Implant #1: integrated microcomputer (with cellular modem), subcutaneous cell phone and data archive (head slot -- used first Cyborg feat -- purchase DC 49), Implant #2: integrated HUD Link, light amplification optics, microscopic optics, nightvision optics, soundbox, targetting optics and voice stress analyzer (additional head slot from bionic tolerance; used second Cyborg feat to purchase -- purchase DC 47); Implant #3: integrated body repair weave and redundant organs (+6 Constitution) (one torso slot -- purchase DC 41); Implant #4: integrated artifical muscle fiber (+6 Strength) and artificial twitch fiber (+6 Dexterity) (second torso slot, one of each limb slot -- used second Cyborg feat to purchase -- purchase DC 43)

Skills Addendum: Data Archive cybernetic implant purchased at 1st level to treat all skills as class skills. Replaced later with Implant #1 (see above for details). All chosen skills assumed to have +1 bonus (+5 bonus for Knowledge skills), as per Integrated Systems ability of Bionic Agent advanced class.

XP: 50,150

To confirm it's me making the rolls, here's the link to my name: http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?u=Azaar&limit=on

Description

Approximately 1.9 meters approximately 6’3”) tall; hair kept moderately short -- color dependent on the identity in question, but typically black; eye color is also variable, but typically blue -- eyes appear normal, despite being cybernetic implants; typically wearing an explorer outfit -- when on mission, the explorer outfit conceals his silent suit. Weaponry on-mission includes a plasma pistol, a modified concussion rifle with an integrated tangler gun, gravitic grenades, a high-frequency sword and a knife.

Background

Austin Summers was the son of Oscar and Rudi Summers, co-CEOs of Bionix Corporation, one of the up-and-coming high-tech companies. The focus of Bionix Corporation was on cybernetics and nanotechnology, studying ways through which both could improve the human condition… one of the few companies who wanted to help others rather than simply worry about the bottom line. Utilizing the resources of the corporation, Austin was implanted with a data archive shortly after his third birthday, paving the way for the life he would later lead.

Austin was, by all accounts, physically weak, unable to perform much in the way of strenuous work or heavy lifting, yet he was also quick and nimble. His real gift, however, lay in his intellect and how he presented himself to others. He never saw himself as being better than anyone else, simply because of the station into which he’d been born as the sole heir of Bionix Corporation. He simply did what was necessary, and let others judge for his own merits.

As time passed, Austin began to notice that Bionix was drifting away from the original ideals his parents had set forth. The board of directors, unfortunately, had amassed enough power over the years to challenge and, on occasion, overturn the decisions his parents had made. It became more and more just like any other company, their only interest being in the potential profits.

On his twenty-first birthday, Austin accompanied his parents to one of the Bionix laboratory complexes in what used to be an old Alliance orbital research station in Jupiter orbit, where many of the corporation’s most brilliant minds worked and developed their new technologies. While Austin was reluctant, his parents insisted, telling him that one day these people would be working for him, and that he should be as open and personable to them as possible.

Giving in, Austin made the trip, and followed his parents as they took a tour of the facility. Towards the end of the tour, however, tragedy struck: a corporate rival of Bionix had apparently managed to get an infiltrator aboard the station with the intent to destroy the station. While the attempt was a failure in terms of destroying the station, there was a large cost.

Rudi Summers, Austin’s mother, was shot and killed during the abortive attempt to detonate the orbital research facility. Austin was seriously injured, and his father Oscar was told that Austin would probably die before much longer, even with the treatment the facility was capable of offering. There was only one recourse, the scientists told Oscar. And with a nod, Oscar had the scientists perform the last-ditch effort to save his son’s life.

Austin’s injuries were indeed serious: he had been blinded, and his body virtually shattered. Massive reconstructive surgery would have been required, had it not been for the fact that the Bionix scientists had been working on incorporating the latest cybernetics research into improving the human condition, especially in regards to making the cybernetics as life-life as possible. Fortunately, none of Austin’s bones had been broken, which meant that the scientists could begin integrating their latest work into his body almost immediately.

Austin was in surgery for most of a day, due to the time-consuming nature of the cybernetic implants. But finally, the work was done, and Austin was still alive. Better yet, the cybernetic implants were working beyond the expectations of the scientists. When the funeral was held on Earth for Rudi Summers a couple of days later, Oscar and Austin were both present for the service.

Austin began throwing himself into work, mostly to determine which of Bionix’s rivals had initiated the attack that had killed his mother and nearly killed himself. The cybernetics served him in good stead, giving him his life back… and more. He became stronger, faster… better. Yet he still never let it go to his head and show off what he could do.

Finally, it appeared he had found a lead, and Austin began to pursue it doggedly. The first part of the trek led back to the orbital research facility orbiting Jupiter, where Austin learned just how the infiltrator had gotten aboard: an identity mask nanoaugmenter colony. The scientists there had duplicated the work that had gone into designing the identity mask in the first place, and managed to improve upon it by utilizing an experimental translator unit to better access the identity mask colony, as well as access the identity chip of the colony’s host.

The trek also ended at the station, however, when Austin began examining the computer record of the facility and back-tracking them to find the source. It was an immense surprise when he discovered that Bionix itself -- more specifically, the board of directors -- had been behind the attack, in an attempt to assassinate not only his parents, but himself as well.

Knowing his life was in jeopardy, Austin immediately contacted his father, only to discover that Oscar had already been killed. Worse, a pair of Bionix agents, alerted to Austin’s presence, began to pursue the young man, intent on finishing the job and allowing the board of directors to seize full control of Bionix Corporation.

Dodging the agents as best as he could, Austin eventually found himself back in the lab where the new identity mask nanoaugmenter colony and the experimental translator was stored. With nothing to lose, Austin injected the identity mask colony into himself and grabbed the experimental translator, switching both of them out with a syringe of water and a piece of equipment similar in appearance to the translator. The next several hours were spent dodging the agents while working on a way off the station. However, the agents finally gave up and went ahead with their backup plan.

The orbital research station’s self-destruct mechanism was activated, and everyone evacuated the station. The agents recovered the apparent identity mask colony and what appeared to be the translator before departing. What they didn’t know or realize, however, was that Austin had also been able to evacuate on the last shuttle to leave before the station was destroyed.

Landing on Mars, Austin found the best computer hacker and forger available, and began moving his assets around so that Bionix couldn’t track him easily, assuming they believed it possible that he had survived. It was expensive, but Austin felt it well worth it for peace of mind.

Over the last three years, Austin has been learning how to make the most use out of his abilities with not just the identity mask colony and the experimental translator, but with his cybernetics as well. To that end, he signed up with Alexa’s Avengers, impressing them with his apparent skill with the identity mask colony, as well as a broad range of skills and knowledge he possessed. Indeed, it was his identity mask colony coupled with the experimental translator and his identity chip that impressed them the most: they accepted him, and gave him the nickname “Proteus”. In turn, he learned even more from the company, honing his skills and bringing them to a new level while performing missions for them.

In the back of his mind, however, Austin has one singular purpose driving him: Bionix Corporation. With his parents dead, Austin would like nothing more than to strike a blow to bring down the company that killed his parents and nearly killed him… twice over. For now, however, he bides his time with Alexa’s Avengers, accepting that what he learns here will only help him later on, when he sets out to take Bionix down once and for all… or, at least deal decisively with the board of directors at Bionix.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
If there's still a spot in this I'd like in, it might be my only chance to play a sesheyan

I'll get a background posted if I'm approved.

Falkus

Explorer
Azaar and Kingpaul, your characters are approved.

Darwin, with Mithran expressing interest, I'm full, but I'd be willing to accept alternates.

Remove ads