• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D20 Guide to Horrible Injuries

Kilmore

First Post
Is there a doctor in the dungeon?

I've had a great idea for a D20 suppliment: The D20 Guide to Horrible Injuries. It will include descriptions and game effects of different types of injuries, crit tables and damage location charts to deal them out, and feats, skills, classes, and spells to inflict and cure them.

I'd do it myself, but my medical knowledge is limited to "It hurts when I do this..."

I know it's more detail, but it's sadistic detail, and I think it will go over well.

Stone Angel

First Post
I am not sure but grim n gritty might help you out. I have never got a chance to look over it but I think that they cover some things like that. I don't have a link so this probably won't be much help, at the least this is a bump to help get it noticed.

Last edited:

Kilmore said:
Is there a doctor in the dungeon?

I've had a great idea for a D20 suppliment: The D20 Guide to Horrible Injuries. It will include descriptions and game effects of different types of injuries, crit tables and damage location charts to deal them out, and feats, skills, classes, and spells to inflict and cure them.

I'd do it myself, but my medical knowledge is limited to "It hurts when I do this..."

I know it's more detail, but it's sadistic detail, and I think it will go over well.

Will the .pdf netbook be sealed ( with a password ) ala BoVD?

I could use these tables. My players are probably sick of "being grazed" by arrows.

GBDeluxe

First Post
giggle. no passwords

one other thing i would also like to contain, is armor damage. For example, leather armor (being like hard rawhide dog-chew; at least in my mind - and according to the 2e Arms & Equipment guide) would split / crack under perhaps a critical hit. Maybe not rendering the armor uses, but "ugly" and the character would want to buy a new suit. PCs should wear out and go through armor. Metal dents and deforms. Also, in battle i like to use this method for "misses":

AC: 15. (2 Dex, 3 Armor)
attack roll between "1-11" = the character dodges the blow (due to dexterity / wild swing miss / etc )

attack rll between "12-14" = the charcter is HIT by the blow, but the armor completely protects them and they sustain no damage.

this is just very simple for describing a battle and people want to know if they have been hit or what the action is like.

Book will go into much better detail for DMs to describe the heat of the battle, instead of just "hit" "miss"

GBDeluxe

Last edited:

GBDeluxe

First Post
contact infos?

Whats you guys emails / contact info? I have worked on a nice outline already... at least it's a starting point

Olive

Explorer
Re: Re: D20 Guide to Horrible Injuries

BigFreekinGoblinoid said:
Will the .pdf netbook be sealed ( with a password ) ala BoVD?

I could use these tables. My players are probably sick of "being grazed" by arrows.

i can only come up with good wounds when people die myself...

but why should it be sealed (UNlike the BoVD which simply has a sticker saying 'are you really old enough to buy this?")? i mean the crit tables in WFRP aren't and they're pretty grusome.

Crothian

First Post
You may aslso want to creats some new rules for how magical healing works. It's all fun and games till someone losses and eye and then the cleric makes him better then new with a spell. I think injuries are more feared when it doesn't seem like there is an easy way of getting cured.

Remove ads