• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D20 Marvel

victordoom

First Post
Saga conversions

Keep in mind thats these are not hard core stats but it did give us a starting point
STR=STR
Agility=dex
Will=Wis
Int=int
(STR+Will)/2=Con
We handle charisma objectively and with a dose of common sense and our vast knowledge of the Marvel Universe.

Saga Description D20

0 N/A 0-2

1 Elderly or disabled 3-5

2 low human 6-8

3-4 average human 9-11

5-6 high human 12-14

7-8 highly trained human 15-17

9-10 maximum human 18-20

11-12 enhanced 21-24

13-14 Far higher than human 25-28

15-16 Unbelievable 29-32

17-18 Overwhelming 33-36

19-20 Ultimate level for humans 37-40

21-25 Otherworldly 41-45

26-30 cosmic 46-50

We also used Edge to help determine level!

Edge description level

0 normal human 0-2

1 inexpierenced 2-5

2 expierenced 5-9

3 Authority figure 10-13

4 Best anywhere 14-20

5 Cosmic 21+
Like I said these are starting points we tweaked some characters to get them right. Also Clarence developed the brawn power to help with more accurate lifting capacity I will see if he can post the description of it sometime tonight. Feel fre to ask any questions I'll be happy to answer any I can.

quindia

First Post
I've modified the Brawn power so it allows greater carrying capacity (with no other effects on the game). Each level of Brawn multiplies the carrying capacity by 1+level (x2 for level one, x3 for level two, x4 for level three). This seems to be the only way I can begin to model "Marvel" level heroes without resorting to Strengths of "70". Couple this with the fact that the Hulk, the Thing, Thor, etc. are probably considered "Large" creatures (you get to double it again), you begin to approach the range of 50 to 100 tons from the old MSH game...

An example... I have the Thing with a Brawn of level two and a Strength of 36. In standard D&D, a 36 strength can lift 7,360 pounds over his head (PHB pg 142 - may lift double maximum load, but only stagger around with it ). Double this because the Thing is a "Large" creature and we get 14,720 pounds or nearly 7.5 tons. Not bad, but not the Thing. Even Spider-Man is rated at 10 tons. So now we apply my modifier for Brawn level two and multiply the carrying capacity by three to get 44,160 pounds or about 22 tons. Ok, we're still far shy of the 75 tons listed in the old MSH game, but if look at those rules it says "75 tons with difficulty". A-ha! We'll add a Strength roll and asign a DC15 to this base number and adding a like amount of weight adds 5 to the DC. So now we have 22 tons at DC15 (anything but a "1" since STR 36 has a +13 modifier... basically automatic... a "1" always fails in D&D anyway), 44 tons at DC20 (roll a "7"), 66 tons at DC25 (roll a "12"), and 88 tons at DC30 (roll a "17").

I guess 110 tons at DC35 (roll a "14" and add two Karma points for +8) would be possible with the use of "Karma" - my version of "Fate" points. It's weird, I developed my Karma rules before I saw your set and we both had the same idea of a +4 per point, but I allow a maximum of two points, more after the old MSH where you could a "10" into a "00" if you had the Karma...

It's worth noting that the official rules are now called Paragon. Cwylric has modifed his carrying capacity some to allow greater feats of strength, but the rule presented above seems to work well with the chart Victordoom posted above.

Check in at http://cwylric.diaryland.com/ on regular basis for updates to the rules. You can also see the cover of the Vancouver:2020 sourcebook, although it's not the final piece.

bolen

First Post
So how many D20 Super games will come out

1) Mutants and Masterminds (Is this FFG I cant remember)

2) The EN World

3) silver age sentinals (In game trader mag)

4) who else?

quindia

First Post
The great thing about the d20 rules is that you should be able to draw things from different sets if you like one aspect of game x and a different concept of game y. Powers seem to be handled with the greatest variety, but skills, feats, and maybe classes might be transferable.

You can add Paragon - a very good free game at this point, along with it's character and setting suppliment, Vancouver:2020, that is nearing completion - and an official d20 Marvel game... keep an eye here more more information on both.

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
quindia said:
You can add Paragon - a very good free game at this point, along with it's character and setting suppliment, Vancouver:2020, that is nearing completion - and an official d20 Marvel game... keep an eye here more more information on both.

d20 Marvel? Are you serious? Who is doing it? How do you know?

Yes, I know most answers will be "I cannot say", but at least I try it...

quindia

First Post
I'm afraid I can't talk about it too much yet, but I'll post more info as soon as I'm able. Sufice to say, the game will be licenced by Marvel comics and you should be hearing a lot about it soon...

quindia

First Post
The TSR licence expired and they chose not to renew it... that's one reason the Marvel Saga Team-up book was never released.

Remove ads