• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[d20 Modern / 4CtF] Windy City Mutants OOC

Krizzel

First Post
Greetings :)

I'm planning to start a new supers game very soon (as in, as soon as I solicit a few opinions here). There's already about five people who are interested, and I haven't yet set an upper limit for players. Here are the details I've decided so far:

- Everyone starts as a 1st level normal human. Your 'origins' will be the first (or first few) adventures.

- Stats will be based on a low-powered point buy amount, though I haven't settled on the actual number yet. The reason for this is to emphasize the super powers.

What I need help deciding is the setting. There are two options:

1) A pulpy, fun campaign. Think Amazing Spiderman, with a little seriousness thrown in now and then. Right and wrong are more strictly defined. The heroes could have any kind of origin they like, and they can work alone or together as they like. It would be set in Windy City, an alternate version of Chicago.

2) A mutants campaign. X-book style, lots of conspiracy and fighting to survive. Right and wrong are mixed; everything is grey. All of the PCs have to be mutants in this option. You may or may not start together, but will more than likely end up together eventually. The setting in this case would be larger in scope, simply because issues like mutant persecution, revolution, etc. take place on a national and even international scale, though we could still be based in a specific city.

Okay, so that's that. Several people have expressed interest in the mutant option, and since everyone will have to be mutants along that route I'd like to hear opinion from all corners. I'll take more weight from those whom I'm already holding a spot for, of course, but anyone else who's interested should also comment.

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
I'm in, Krizzel. And since my OC8 game will be more of the first type, this game being Mutant would be cool.

perivas

First Post
Ever since I purchased 4CTF, I haven't really gotten a chance to use it. I would very much appreciate a chance to give it a whirl in a mutant/X-men sort of setting...complete with discrimination and bitter resentment.

Krizzel

First Post
Well, I can see which way this is heading ;)

I will probably go with mutants then, and change this to a recruiting thread tomorrow. So far we have:

- KitanaVorr
- Shalimar
- garyh
- perivas

all have a slot.

Jemal, mirthcard, and Keia I think were all interested earlier, and they get first dibs on remaining slots if mutants are okay with them. I might be forgetting someone else - I can't remember :p

So, that would be seven. That's more than enough, though if there are people who badly want to play I'll take on a couple more.

Setting will be Windy City, I've decided. You can, of course, go elsewhere within the country and the world if you like.

loxmyth

First Post
I really, *really* want to get in on this game. I'm already kicking myself for passing on Metal Joe, so I'd love a chance to redeem myself. ;)

Either option is fine with me, but I think I'll lean with the majority and say Mutants, just because it sounds intriguing.

Remove ads