• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[d20 Modern / 4CtF] Windy City Mutants OOC

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Well, I've used one character from the past, I think this is prime time for the other.

The concept is a flying powerhouse with luck powers. Fortune was his name and he when he started he was somewhat strong, very agile, extremely charismatic, and amazingly lucky. The super-strength, flight, and ranged attacks all came later.

I think I would start with either a Fast Hero or a Charismatic Hero. Any suggestions?

Krizzel

First Post
Wealth:

Just list your wealth as '2d4 + occupation + any applicable feat (ie Windfall) + 1 if you have any ranks in Profession.' I'm going to pick the 2d4 'roll' depending on your background - I might make it more than 8 or less than 2 (negative, even). This represents your personal wealth. Some characters might have parents, siblings, etc. that can buy or give things to them (assuming you're in their good graces).

Tone:

I expect this to get a bit grim the farther along we get. I'm thinking about making this either PG-13 or PG-17. Any comments or objections are welcome, but please make them now :)

Hit Points:

Max for first level. I haven't decided on higher levels yet.

Any other questions on character creation? I'll be putting up a brief overview of Windy City tomorrow.

Krizzel

First Post
Keia said:
Well, I've used one character from the past, I think this is prime time for the other.

The concept is a flying powerhouse with luck powers. Fortune was his name and he when he started he was somewhat strong, very agile, extremely charismatic, and amazingly lucky. The super-strength, flight, and ranged attacks all came later.

I think I would start with either a Fast Hero or a Charismatic Hero. Any suggestions?

From that list it sounds like Strong, Fast, or Charismatic. My recommendation is to list out what skills you want to concentrate on and use that to help you pick a class. You can always pick up a second or third class later, of course.

I'm thinking about just giving everyone Hero points instead of making you take the Hero class. Any opinions on that? That way you'll be able to continue advancing in the base classes and keep your powers up to spec at the same time.

KitanaVorr

First Post
Krizzel said:
I'm thinking about just giving everyone Hero points instead of making you take the Hero class. Any opinions on that? That way you'll be able to continue advancing in the base classes and keep your powers up to spec at the same time.

I like that. :)

Mirth

Explorer
Krizzel,

Thanks for the invite in, but I think I'm going to have to back out of this one. Seems like you've got more than enough players already, anyway :) I'll keep watching the thread(s), though. Looks to be a really exciting game. Thanks again.

Shalimar

First Post

I like the idea as well. Powers shouldn't have to take away from your growth as a person.

Krizzel

First Post
Shalimar said:

I like the idea as well. Powers shouldn't have to take away from your growth as a person.

Yep. I think using the Hero class works best when not everyone has powers, or when some people have more powers than others. But if everyone has them, then I think it's simpler just to tack them on top of your regular abilities. I guess think of it like a template that grants you 8 HrPs per character level.

Shalimar

First Post
Here is Stacy, the difference between Stacy and Lana's Charisma is due to Stacy's outgoing personlity, and also makes Stacy much more dependent on others, if she is ever really alone for long she gets worried, and depressed:

Stacy DuPries
Female Fast Hero 1
5’3” 110
Student (Computer use, Performance (sing), Perform (dance))
Allegiances: Lana, Good
Age 15
STATS:

STR: 10 +0
DEX: 14 +2
CON: 12 +1
INT: 12 +1
WIS: 10 +0
CHA: 14 +2

HP: 9
AP: 5
Defense: +5

Saves:
Fort: +1 Reflex: +3 Will: +0

Wealth: 2d4+1+1

Talents: Evasion
Possessions: Cell-Phone
Feats:
Brawl (Their mother wanted to make sure her pretty daughters would be safe, so she enrolled them in a self defense class, although Lana didn’t pay attention, Stacy most certainly did.

Trustworthy

Skills: 24pts
Computer use: +3(2)
Diplomacy (cross class): +6(2)
Gather Info: +4(0)
Knowledge (Current Events): +3(2)
Knowledge (Pop Culture): +4(3)
Perform (Dance): +6(3)
Perform (Sing): +6(3)
Profession (spoiled): +4(4)
Tumble: +5(3)

Appearance: Stacy and her sister Lana both stand 5 foot 3. They both have green eyes and lustrous shoulder length black hair. The twins have identical curvy figures, which are kept trim through soccer. Both are beautiful and easily capable of drawing stares, but Stacy is more comfortable with it then her sister, often wearing clothes that emphasize her figure to her best advantage. Physically identical the girls have distinct personalities.

Personality: Stacy is the more out going of the two girls, and often drags her more introverted sister to parties, and has convinced her to join the Soccer team to spend time together. If Lana is the duo’s sarcasm, then it is Stacy who is the kind hearted one who would help pretty much anyone, sometimes even to her own detriment. Stacy is outgoing and playful, often getting her sister to help her play pranks on her friends, often switching with her. Stacy relies on her more self-contained sibling for advice, and to be able to say no for her, to make sure no one takes too much advantage of her kind nature. Although she isn’t stupid, far from it, Stacy often gets her sister’s help with her schoolwork to spend time with her, and to get Lana to spend time with some of the more popular students. She is proud of her sister’s ability to stand up for herself and her sarcasm, but it also makes her feel sad and hurt at the same time. She cannot understand how Lana can be happy when she is so sarcastic, and wants to try and help her sister. She is a naturally kind person, and doesn’t put up with people making fun of anyone around her. Her friends know by now better then to do it, and have grown to accept her nature. She often invites whoever is around at the time to gatherings of the popular kids, be they nerds or drama kids or what have you. She can’t seem to leave anyone out.

Family: Stacy and Lana are the only children of Richard and Huyen DuPries. Both are working over fourteen hour days to make partner at their law firm, leaving the girls to their own devices after-school. Primarily their Grandmother, Ba, who tried to instill the virtues of kindness and self-reliance, raised them because of their parents’ habitual absence. Once a week a maid cleans their house, one that has been working for the DuPries family for over twenty years in one capacity or another. Being the Daddy’s girl that she is, Stacy has her dad wrapped around her finger, enough that he is seriously thinking about getting them a car for their birthday, to share, one of those cute little red Miata convertibles, because he is always away.

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Because I promised Kit in another thread, my PC will be a Vietnamese-American woman. ;) I like the name Linh Tran.

Still not sure about powers... maybe some sort of energy blast.

Also not sure about the basic class. I'd like to run a Fast, but I already have three Fast Heros. :D Maybe Smart or Dedicated...

Jemal

Adventurer
Jemal reporting for duty

MUTANT MUTANT MUTANT
MUTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes I love mutants. thankyouthankyouthankyou...

OK, calming down now.. It's 2:30 in the morning and I'm hyped up on chocoalte milk. Just finished loosing 3 in a row to my friend in M:TG (That's the FIRST time he's ever beaten me more than once at a time.. His new deck is AWESOME.)

Anyways - I can make a d20 modern character but don't have 4CtF... I'll need a bit of help with whatever we're getting outta that book... How do the powers work?
(If anyone with MSN Messenger has the book(Kitana, shalimar?), just e-mail me and we'll set up a chat where you can help me out.

First off could someone post a listing of some of the different types of powers here? I used to be a Marvel nut, but haven't kept up with it. I'm thinking of a few things right now but would like to know a bit more before I decide.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads