• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(D20 Modern) CORELINE: FIREWALLS: EPISODE 1 (IC)

Lobo leans with his massive boot on the box and the still burning foe "Should've gone with option a der sport." as he reignites his cigar on the box "but noooooo, had to go an' try'n be a hero didn't we? Don't you know that heroes only git people killed?"

After his little monologue moment, Lobo does a quick scan of the fallen foes and grabs any spare weapons he thinks 'look cool.'

There are several weapons... none that can be called 'cool', though... well, for Lobo. Several 9mm pistols (Berettas, Glocks), the (now trashed, and still on fire) flamethrower, a 12-gauge shotgun and an AK-47.

Seth slings his Staff onto his back, then scans the area for anything interesting.

"Well, all I can say is, he'd better not make us run TOO far. One of us is liable to kill him out of plain ol' spite if he does."

ROLL RESULT: Seth sees that several of the boxes are slightly open, as well as the hatch. There is something glinting behind the hatch.

Caelin checks his two minor bullet wounds, thankful that these thugs did not have silver bullets. Looking at his companions, "No sign of the doctor yet. We need to hurry and check this hatch before he escapes."

From behind the hinged side, he opens the hatch; keeping his body out of sight in process in case there is a waiting blast from a weapon.
[sblock=Actions]Standard Action:
Move Action: [/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]AC: 24 HP: 60/66 DR10/Silver[/sblock]_____________________________

CaelinNightwing.jpg
Caelin_Panther.jpg

Caelin starts to open the hatch... it's a mite harder than it looks, screeching loudly. When was the last time that this thing got oiled, anycase?

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Seth lurches towards the hatch. In a pleasant, Errol Flynn-style accent, he spake thusly:

"What ho, men? Something dost glimmer in yon portal!"

OOC: Seth will investigate, sliding out his pair of chains as he dost.

Felix1459

First Post
Lobo grabs the AK and turns to the gangster, "Lemme guess, you'se gonna want dis one too right?" as he slings the gun around his shoulder and then turns with eyebrow raised when he hears the squeking of the door "I thought you was s'posed to be da stealth one." and yet doesn't even say anything to Seth's Errol Flynn impression, though he does let a smirk appear on his face.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
OOC: I am assuming that this is linear and there is only this one exit to continue on. Is that correct?

Caelin brings up the rear, only pausing to fling off some gore from his sword.

"Lead on. You see anything down there?"

Move Action: [/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]AC: 24 HP: 60/66 DR10/Silver[/sblock]_____________________________

CaelinNightwing.jpg
Caelin_Panther.jpg

OOC: It's linear. The only way out of the room is through the two hatches.

IC: Seth looks through the hatch and sees the following:

The thing that was glinting was a wire, tensed from the rear of the hatch up to an explosive device... a nice little bomb, set to explode if you open the hatch too wide.

Right now, the slimmer members of the group (like Seth and Caelin) might fit, barely, through the opening... but the broader guys (like Lobo) just aren't gonna be able without setting off the thing.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
"HOOOOOOLD..." Seth raises a clenched fist with his arm bent like a backwards 'L'. "The party's way is blocked by what appears to be a nice little bomb, set to explode if we open the hatch too wide. The Lord tells me he can get me out of this mess..."

Looking back to Lobo over his shoulder, he adds, "But He's pretty sure you're [beep]."

Seth raises what could be an eyebrow, if he had any facial hair. "What?! Who's censoring my dialogue? It's either the FCC... or the Germans."

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Caelin motion for the cute chick to come up from the rear.

"Hey Luna, can you disarm the booby trap? Heh, heh... booby."

CaelinNightwing.jpg
Caelin_Panther.jpg

Felix1459

First Post
"Ha ha that's funny. Wait did you just refer to me as too wide?" he says with a bit of a snarl.

As Luna makes her way forward Lobo turns his head and watches her as she makes her way to the front.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads