• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

d20:Modern; Dark City; my players please stay out. [Help/Seeking Ideas]

Tanstaafl

First Post
I'm starting a d20:Modern game in a post-apocalyptic home-brew world and was wondering if anyone had ideas for interesting side-quests, plot-twists, or NPCs.

The setting is about 600 years after the end of the world and will be populated by a mixture of 'true humans' and those who have been mutated by radiation or biological contaminants (elves, dwarves, ect.).

Tanstaafl

First Post
Nothing to do with the movie - I hadn't thought of that... the name of the city where the characters start is Heolstor City which literaly translates as 'Dark' city.

Douane

First Post
Tanstaafl,

I'd been talking about "Darwin's World" in the thread. Since I'm now in possession of said PDF's, I could check them for some suitable ideas. (Unfortunately this will only be possible after the 11th due university issues.)

Meanwhile you check their homepage for some goodies, including a free adventure:
Darwin's World

I especially recommmend the free Gazetteers:

Darwin's World Gazetteers

Hope this helps!

Folkert

Godzilla

First Post
You could do something like from the Fallout computer game. Have a important gadget or machine break in the city and the PC's are sent out to find a replacement.

Tanstaafl

First Post
Douane, Godzilla - thank you for your ideas, I may be able to encorperate them... I may have to find my copy of the original Fallout game and play for a while... yeah... for 'inspiration'...;)

Remove ads