• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D20 Modern]Department 7 (IC)

Felix1459

First Post
Nick looks over at the third man, not having seen him before and says "Well don't let me hold you up...Nick Shelby by the way, nice to meet y'all."

(OOC: I was unaware of Diego's location so I played as if he wasn't standing in plain view. I can correct if needed but if no will leave as is. Also, was the city they are in ever specified?)

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Diego turns and attempts to open the door, trusting that the alarm is deactivated.

[sblock=ooc]

LOL to be honest... I assumed Diego was inside, then I forgot to actually see if the door was unlocked or if I need to persuade it. So.... Let's pretend he was hiding... near the door or something LOL. [/sblock]

ThWatcher

First Post
Rodny Steinwick 6/6

Rodny, having indicated that Ms Johnson said there was a fourth member to join the team, asks the new person for his name. With Nick's response, Rodny introduces himself. "Hello, I'm Rodny and this is Ming. Glad to have you with us."

Rodny joins the others as the door is about to be unlocked and opened.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Having cleared the situation with Nick, Ming seems to be at ease now. He nods to him and shows a stoic smile. As he watches Diego handling the door, he says "It is not wise to trust in others blindly. If the alarm was not properly deactivated, we could be triggering it now. This mission requires subterfuge and skill. If we were to burst in, I'll have ripped it from it's frame already. Next time, try using your head, or we could end up all dead. This isn't the kind of job were you get second chances."

Felix1459

First Post
Nick looks Ming, Rodney and Diego up and down and says "So I know I missed the meeting but am I missing something else...I mean...what's with the armor and the weapons? I only ask because I didn't know to bring any."

Felix1459

First Post
"Thanks." He says with a raised eyebrow as he picks the knife up. "So...anyone care to fill me in on what we're doing here and what exactly is going on here? Because it seems to me that you guys..well...now us...aren't here to protect the museum. So really...what's going on?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Strange. But I can spare you a crossbow." says Ming, and unties the large wooden weapon from his back and shows it to Nick. "Here, aim at some vital point, pull this lever and hold it tight, it kicks back. And these are the bolts" he explains before handing it to him. "I want it back in one piece, it's a replica of a 1200 years crossbow from the Quin dynasty.
The woman said we were here to find out about some strange killings during the night. If this is going the way I think it is going, it will not be nice."

Felix1459

First Post
"Well why don't you hang onto it then, because I'll probably break it. But thanks."[Great...I either just got pranked really good or I've just met up with some live action role players. Maybe I should just call the police. Oh, wait, with my luck it'll be one of my brothers and I'll never here the end of it...I guess I could just see how this plays out.]"So...what are we waiting for?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads