• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D20 Modern]Department 7 (IC)

VanorDM

Explorer
The orc goes down like a ton of bricks after being hit hard enough that he might as well been hit with a ton of bricks.

You tie him up after planting a tracking device on him and leave him on the side of the road. Mixed in with the pile of other bodies.

The bikes that the orc's were riding are all in decent shape, and are all big beefy road bikes, each one could easily bring in about 10 grand. But each one has also had some cosmetic modifications done to them, and would take the better part of a day to remove all the spikes, and other decorations.

It won't be hard to do, just take a little time.

ThWatcher

First Post
Rodny Steinwick 6/6

Rodny assists where ever he can, including making sure the tracker is working.

When talks shifts to the bikes, he adds, "I don't think I'm not strong enough to handle one by myself, but I can definitely fix and/or modify them to your liking."

Felix1459

First Post
Nick suggests leaving the bikes that are scrapped. Loading three (if they fit) into the bed of the 4x4 and having Rory and Kara ride the other two. Ming drive the 4x4, Rodny the SUV and he'll drive the other. Leaving two bikes. Of the two one will be the one that's not driveable and the other Nick damages to look as if it wasn't driveable but upon closer look someone would see that the damage was just cosmetic. He suggest to Rodney to put a tracker inside the bike as well.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Kara takes a look at the big road cruiser and says to Ming, "I think you better take a bike. My feet won't touch the ground when I sit on the seat. I can drive the 4x4."

"Shall we take them back to the BBQ area, we probably won't arouse as much suspicion there, since people will likely think it is the orcs still partying. Without a ramp we probably cannot load the bikes in the truck, but we can load most of the bodies to put them with the others at the BBQ area too. Our friend here probably won't search around for more than a working motorcycle to bug out, we can monitor him on the surveillance when he starts to stir and be ready. Speaking of which, the poisoned orcs back there, might not be dead. We better check that too."

She puts in that call to Ms. Johnson, "Ma'am, I think we are going to need a trailer truck. We have some motorcycles that we need to have disappeared. The Department can probably salvage them for cash to cover expenses. We can burn the orc bodies to dispose of them, unless you want one for examination."

ThWatcher

First Post
Rodny Steinwick 6/6

Rodny replies, "Sure, I can add a tracker to the bike. Give me a minute."

Rodny proceeds to retrieve and attach a tracker to the bike.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Rory's face screwed up as though he had been slapped. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, what do you mean, the Department can salvage them? They're our spoils, luv. They pay us to do our work, and I'd call THESE babies the perks!"

ThWatcher

First Post
Rodny Steinwick 6/6

While he's attaching the tracker to the bike, Rodny listens to the present conversations. It occurs to him that the orcs might be carrying things that may be of arcane interest to him. Or at least they may have some things of value to the group.

Once he finishes with the tracker, he will begin searching the orcs and their bikes for anything of interest or value. If anyone else is free at the moment, he'll ask them to help so the searching goes faster.

[sblock=ooc]
Here's a few search rolls in case you need them.
Search (1d20+8=13, 1d20+8=18, 1d20+8=15, 1d20+8=17, 1d20+8=24, 1d20+8=25, 1d20+8=24, 1d20+8=23, 1d20+8=18, 1d20+8=25)
[/sblock]

VanorDM

Explorer
Ms Johnson will have a covered trailer delivered to town and congratulates you on a job well done.

She also informs you that pretty much any equipment you find is yours to keep, but the Dept would be happy to buy it or trade for it.

(ooc'ish all the stuff you get from the Dept isn't really yours, and isn't always going to be available. The guns you have and some other basic equipment will be... But other stuff might need to be returned if needed worse elsewhere. But the are willing to trade gear... Say a bike for an assault rifle.)

She also recommends in the strongest terms that you burn the bodies. They pass for humans at a distance or when people are hiding in their homes... But on an examining table they won't. Having an autopise would cause questions the Dept wouldn't care to see asked.

There's little of interest on the bodies, mostly just the clothes on their backs, some clubs and a few cheap shotguns.

ThWatcher

First Post
Rodny Steinwick 6/6

Rodny will pick up the shotguns and ammo. He'll unload them and put them in the back of the SUV. "They may not be worth much, but we don't want to leave them where children or criminals could get them. If none of us want them, we'll trade them in to the department for whatever credit we can get."

The clubs, Rodny will add to the fire for burning the bodies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads