• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D20 Modern]Department 7 (IC)

Herobizkit

Adventurer
"There, ya see?" Rory says, grinning from ear to ear. "It's good to have yer own kit, 'cuz you never know when the rug'll get pulled out from under ya."

Rory revs the motor on his new hog for emphasis.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Kara nods in understanding, "No problem ma'am." After relaying the information to the others, she will help out.

"We can strip off some of these extras and possibly park the bikes at the motel while we wait for the orc to wake up. We can burn the bodies over by the BBQ area, a bonfire will not look out of place over there."

OOC: I guess I am ready to move along to when the orc wakes up and we track him back to their camp.

ThWatcher

First Post
Rodny Steinwick 6/6

While helping with the various activities of the group, Rodny keeps the tracking units' receiver near him so he can tell the others which way the orc is going when the orc begins to move/escape. Rodny also keeps his weapon on him at all times, just in case the orc comes at him, or anyone else, before leaving.

VanorDM

Explorer
After a while the orc comes too, he shakes his head and and looks around. Not seeing any of his fellow orc's or the people who attacked him, he grabs the nearest bike he can find and hightails it west.

The tracking device seems to be working 5 by 5 and you should have no trouble tracking him.

After a time the orc turns north and then finally stops at a somewhat rundown looking cabin a few hundred yards into the woods.

In the driveway are another dozen bikes of various types some with side cars. Behind the cabin you can see a plume of smoke and what look like they may be tests of some sort. The cabin itself is quite large if crude and sits at the front of what must be a hundred square yards of cleared space. Behind that is thick woods.

Felix1459

First Post
"So Kara. Any ideas?" Nick asks Kara from within the SUV as they pull up to the orc's place. "Do you think it's one of those kill the leader and the rest disband kind of crap?"

ThWatcher

First Post
Rodny Steinwick 6/6

Rodny, while watching the tracking equipment, warns the group that the orc is slowing down. When he changes direction and slows to a stop, Rodny tells the group how far ahead he is when he stops. He wants to make sure the group has plenty of time to stop and observe the orc's cabin from cover.

(OOC: I'm not contradicting Felix's post. I'm just indicating what Rodny would do.)

When the group approaches the cabin, Rodny will do his best to be prepared and to follow the orders/suggestions given to him.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Kara Acoma 6/6

"So Kara. Any ideas?" Nick asks Kara from within the SUV as they pull up to the orc's place. "Do you think it's one of those kill the leader and the rest disband kind of crap?"
Kara says, "Let's stop here at the head of the driveway and discuss. First I think we should lay out the spike strips in case they bolt. If there are a dozen more we cannot let them take revenge on the town, we need to stop them here. I assume we all agree on that point."

Once that's done, she will continue, "We have probably a few choices, storm them, hitting fast and hard right away. Or we can try picking them off with the sniper rifle and hit them from range when they start coming out to us. Or we can just wait until daylight, maybe they will sleep during the day, and we can sneak take them out with our silencers and such."

Felix1459

First Post
"I agree with the spike strip and I say we scout out a good firing position, but if they move to attack the town maybe...rig the 4x4 to drive straight through the house or the campground. While they're distracted by that we can pick them off with the sniper rifle and the P90's...but again, only if they go on the offensive." Nick tries to remain calm while saying this though the adrenaline in his system probably rushes his speech pattern a little.

Remove ads