• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D20 Modern]Department 7 (IC)

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Kara says, "It should be fine. Rodny and Rory can lay it back down after the 4x4 passes."

<<OOC: I think we laid those out right away before we were discussing plans. At least that's what I thought, if not they should be put down right away.>>

VanorDM

Explorer
Those who are moving towards the cabin to get into firing locations do so, setting up the 4x4 to race down the driveway doesn't take much effort and is ready to go any time.

The orcs in the cabin don't seem to take any notice of you yet. You see three orcs in the yard outside the cabin.

[ooc: I'll need intuitive and move silently rolls from everyone who is doing so. I'll post an updated map here shortly with the location of the orcs you can see. I'll also move everyone into place on the map. If you don't agree with your location let me know and I'll fix it asap. /ooc]

ThWatcher

First Post
Rodny Steinwick 6/6

Rodny makes sure he has his stuff out of the 4x4. He also makes sure the aim is as accurate as possible. Then, when instructed to, he starts the engine, slips it into gear, and rolls out of the cab before it can pick up speed. (He doesn't want to be injured by hitting the ground/bushes too fast.)

If that's prior to the first combat round, his next action will be to pick himself up and begin moving up and to the left for cover of the trees/bushes.

(OOC: He'll be running but may not make it there in the first round.)

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]
Those who are moving towards the cabin to get into firing locations do so,

I'll also move everyone into place on the map. If you don't agree with your location let me know and I'll fix it asap. /ooc]
I sorta disagreed on Nick and Kara's starting position in the OOC thread. So before he and I can post actions we really need to know if our starting position is being administratively moved, or do we have to do it in combat rounds. If we are still needing to sneak in place around to the NE side and we have to do this round by round, it could take awhile.

OOC: Does it look like they hear us getting into position or do we have a supruse round on them?
This relates to my question above and really depends on our starting position. Based on distance away, we should be able to change that position out of sight and hearing range until we close back in again. Based on your IC post it would appear we are in combat with an unaware opponent. So we have surprise until we make them aware, correct? Making them aware would either be allowing them to see or hear us by failing on our sneaking or we start shooting them, I assume.[/sblock]

VanorDM

Explorer
All of this is ooc...

I've used a battle map for every combat so far. I just don't always post it, because it's not needed. I can post a map at any time you guys want. With a round a day or so, there's no good way for me to remember stuff so I move everyone based on their posts. It's the only fair way to do this IMO.

The place I put everyone was the closest you could get to the cabin without raising an alarm. For Kira and Nick you can swing out farther east without an issue so I moved you 40 ft east and a bit north of where I had you on the last map I posted.

That gives you a different view of the back yard, so if that location is fine with you I'll post a round 0 report and we can start from there.

Remove ads