• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[d20 Modern] Gangs of Texas [PG-17] IC

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Bourbon Street - Alleyway
Fifth Ward
6:45pm

Oh S***!! Tommy felt his stomach turn upside down and all the adrenaline that had been pumping through his body suddenly vanish. "Detective Nguyen..." he softly said out loud as the connection became obvious.

Tommy cannot help the feeling that he is very small and powerless. Nguyen is supposed to be a pretty good guy, someone actually trying to do his job and help people. How can something like THIS happen to him?

Reaching up and running his hand through his hair, Tommy realized just how sweaty he had become in the last few minutes. He stops and takes in the scene around him; the Mercedes, the smears and pools of blood, the flashing lights of the cruisers, all of his fellow police officers and the few people growing brave enough to come try and see what is going on. Hey, is that Trash Can Willy..."

Fanog

First Post
T-Bull's House - Downstairs
Fifth Ward
6:50pm

Kia greets the late arrivals with a warm smile. "Hey, Jason. I'm doing fine. Tomorrow's the first day of my internship, at Simtex. How are you?" She knows better then to ask him about work, with him doing what he does.

Kia stars to feel overwhelmed with the aura of worry and dread hanging around those present. She sits at the table and tries to dispel the mood by making small-talk. Yeah, right... Small-talk, huh? Admit it girl; You're just trying to wiggle your way into what's going on, aren't you?"

"So Carlos, I haven't seen you in years. How are you doing - what have you been up to lately?"

She tries to feel at least a bit guilty about being so curious, but somehow she doesn't quite manage.

KitanaVorr

First Post
Bourbon Street - Alleyway
Fifth Ward
6:45pm

Willy could see just a haze of pretty flashing lights for a long moment of shuffling before everything began to coalesce into view, but his sense of smell - oh that sense of smell - exploded with a sudden virility that shook him with it. He stood nearly 100 feet from the scene of the crime - and all the police cars and yellow crime scene tape told him there was one even if he couldn't see anything - but he smelled the blood as if it was standing right there with his nose buried into the congealed mess.

It came back to him. Iraq - the blood - the bodies cooking in the sand. But it wasn't baked solider but the smell of a slaughter house as if a cow had been hacked to death in that alley. Mixed in with the blood was a whiff of lavender. Very odd.

Just as sudden as it came, all the smells vanished and his visual plus olfactory senses returned to normal. Except for the sudden powerful need to retch at soon as humanly possible.

From that distance, Tommy could see Willy's face and the man looked abnormally pale, even more so than usual. His eyes appeared unfocused as if something held him in a grip, but as soon as Tommy made that realization, the look left Willy - and the man looked normal. As normal as a man can look who is about to spew the contents of his stomach.

OOC: TOMMY, TCW

Keia

I aim to misbehave
T-Bull's House - Dining Room
Fifth Ward
7:15 pm

KitanaVorr said:
"And where's Jeffery?" Malcolm's mom asked, holding the younger boy back slightly and gazing worriedly into his eyes.

"I'm sorry, momma. I waited as long as I could but Jeffrey didn't come home while I was there," Malcolm told his mother. He then gave a look to T-Bull as though therewas more, but for him only.

Malcolm washed up quickly and splashed some water on his face as well, drying with a nearby towel. As he returned to the table seeing the number of people present and yet to arrive, Malcolm commented, "Hi y'all. Sorry I'm so late. It's been a while since I've seen so many at dinner . . . I mean, other than the lunches at school."

Catulle

Hero
Ben Taub Hospital - Parking Lot
Houston Medical Center
6:40 pm

"I thought not. Well, good night, Mr Stone." Amy hoped that the veneer of cool indifference she was putting up was as substantial as she thought (wished?) it was. With every fibre of determination she posessed, she tried desperately to subdue the treacherous panic swelling within her as she drew closer to the men. Her thumb remained thrust into her handbag and poised, ready to stab down on the alarm's button at the first sign of danger.

Her pulse was racing by the time she reached the car, the first adrenaline-jitters setting in. Keeping as far as she could from the discomfiting presence of the agents, Amy slid into the drivers seat and, still wary, kept the reassuring weight of her bag on her lap, escape from the parking lot riding foremost in her mind.

Amy cursed inwardly as the ingition failed to catch until the third attempt, her natural deftness stolen by the needs of the moment.

Velenne

Explorer
Fifth Ward

"So Carlos, I haven't seen you in years. How are you doing - what have you been up to lately?"

"Oh, boring guy stuff- Getting in fights, getting shot at, driving cars at high speeds, becoming a doctor, that sort of thing. No luck with women though. That's the final ingrediant in my Super-Spy forumla."

He turns to Mamma and gives her a debonaire grin,

"Munguia, Carlos Munguia. Doble-cero Ciete. El placer es toda mino- The pleasure is all mine," he says, pontificating with Jess' pen.

KitanaVorr

First Post
Ben Taub Hospital - Parking Lot
Houston Medical Center

6:40 pm

Her fingers fumbling with the keys, Amy finally found relief when the car came to life along with the radio she had left on. The music rocked the car and she thought back to Carlos fiddling with the station earlier this morning. Driving through the garage, she had her hand on the controls to change it just as her eyes caught a reflection...no...a face.

He stood there, that man, dressed impeccably in black trousers and an expensively cut jacket. In one hand a sliver of smoke from a cigarette drifted into the air. All wouldn't be unusual in the physican's parking lot but he watched her with eyes that burned and caused shivers to erupt along her skin in uncontrollable outbursts.

But just as he was there, the next he was gone as her car moved into the waning sunlight on its way toward T-Bull's house.

T-Bull's House - Front Door
Fifth Ward

Was it only a moment later that Amy found herself standing there at the door? She barely remembered driving - only the look on that man's face. She couldn't place it, but he looked familiar somehow. Where had she last seen him?

OOC: AMY

Last edited:

KitanaVorr

First Post
Fifth Ward

While everyone talked, Carlos's fingers fiddled with the pen, thinking more and more on the weight of it. Finally after all that gesturing, he twisted the top off. As he pulled the top of the pen from the rest of the case, he noticed something very unusual. In place of ink, there was a thin light blue vial, beautiful blue - almost glowing in the light of the dining room. Inside sloshed a liquid he didn't recognize.

Kia noticed it as well, sitting so close to Carlos. Whatever it was, it definitely wasn't anything that she thought should be in a pen.

On the other side of the table, T-Bull glanced over at Malcolm. "You been waiting for Jeffery dis whole time?"

Malcolm's mother, though, sounded very skeptical as she sniffed him slightly, remembering his scent. "Why the hell you smell so funny boy? You're drowning in your cologne." She looked very...very...skeptical indeed.

Jason looked impatient for food, but he turned to Mike. "How is your father?" he asked, sounding concerneed. "Jess told me about him. Sorry that ass Barton got put on the case. He's a jerk, but he's a good detective." The man's jaw tightened slightly.

OOC: KIA, MALCOLM, CARLOS, MIKE

Last edited:

Dvang

First Post
Willy, not normally squeamish, falls to his aching knees and retches violently on the curb. He's disoriented and weak.

What.. what was that? What's happening? he thinks in one of the brief moments between heaves. This continues for a few minutes, even after there is nothing left to purge. Willy kneels there, his head throbbing, his mouth tasting of sour bile. His back is aching, his leg twinging, and his senses reeling from whatever happened to them. His head hangs down in a mixture of shame and agony, his long dirty hair cascading down in front of his face.

Fanog

First Post
Fifth Ward

Kia listens to Carlos skim over all that happened the last days. She thinks of all kinds of things she can say, but doesn't...

"Well Carlos, no wonder you've got no luck with the 'women'. All kinds of interesting stuff happening, and you're not talking 'bout 'em. Didn't no one ever tell you that it's all in the details. Women love juicy details." - Nah, too obvious...

The young woman heaves a small sigh at Carlos' obvious attempt to fend her off. Well, you won't get away from me that easy. She looks around the table, and tries to follow what's going on regarding Malcolm. That is, until she notices Carlos fiddling with the pen.

"Hey, what's that? Part of your 'Super-Spy' repertoire?" Oh, and don't you dare blow me off again...

Remove ads