• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D20 Modern Lich

hobgoblin

First Post
well it does not as much cut it of as turn the higher level spells into ritual style spells, check urban arcana. (hmm, to slow)

that said, some of those ritual spells makes no sense. 60 min to cast something that have a duration of instant? whats up with that? unless its possible to put said spell into a item (possible given a sidebar in the urban arcana magic items chapter) and thereby give it a single action casting time (as in, trigger item), they are virtually useless...

problem is, i cant find anything definitive on incantation item trigger times. i know a scroll have as long a casting time as the time of the original spell, with a minimum of a single action. but does the same rule cover other magical items like staffs or wands?

hobgoblin

First Post
to perform that total flesh replacement that i listed, one needs to have a caster level of 7 (and optionally, i think, the world needs to be a progress level of 8).

the mage in d20 modern have 10 class levels so thats not a problem. but im not sure you can perform said process on yourself...

and outside of still being affected by mind influencing spells, you a undead. complete with immunity to critical hits, massive damage saves and all the rest.

hmm, i wonder if i would allow a person going under the knife for a total organ replacement cyberware to use robotic options later on. outside of the brain and that stuff, he is a full on robot.

btw, it just dawned on me that a robot with the wetware feat and mage levels could be seen as a kind of lich. ok, so it would be a bit rule-bendy but could make for a interesting character. would be a construct, not a undead. and would, as its a robot, be sensitive to massive damage saves (d20 future. the wetware feat is in d20 future tech).

hmm, as a wetware robot can use cybernetics. can one argue that it can take necrotics also?

Remove ads